Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

End of the swipe.

GNILAEH

Hi. Majority of the time I get a ghost signal at the end of each swipe. It doesnt matter how slow i swipe, I still get a ghost signal. Is that common or is there something I can do to stop it? It kind of drives me nuts cause it usually is a coin signal when it does it.
Also on the concentic coil. Where is the actual center in pinpointing on the coil? After I move the coil around the target and have it what I think is centered, I find the target along the outer rinf of the coil than the small center ring. If it wasnt for the garret pro pointer, I would go nuts even more. I have fouind sometime I have to use the detectors pp again to find the target.

Pinpointing took me some time to master. A hint is to put it into prospecting mode to pinpoint after you get your signal. In prospecting mode, you will get a definite high pitch when the coil is in the exact center of the target.

Perhaps you are raising the coil slightly at the end of the sweep.
This is common and will result in falsing.
Try keeping the coil parallel to the ground during the entire sweep and that may help some.
Mine does this at times and having the sensitivity set high may contribute to it also.
As far as pinpointing, if the target is very close to the top of the ground, try raising the coil some to reduce the signal.
This will aid in pinpointing targets close to the surface.
The inner ring is the receive coil and due to its size, a target close to it will show in the middle anywhere within that ring.
Hope this helps some

Which coil? and what's your sensitivity at?

When I get "strange" behavior from my 70, it's usually because I have the sensitivity too high.(I always run in Auto-Tracking)

Sometimes...I need to re-Noise Cancel again, because I Auto Noise Cancell in an open area and then moved under/over the power/phone lines.

the coil to chirp at the end of the sweep is having too fast of sweep speed. We know better. But as we become more confident in our knowledge of the detector, we also become a bit lazy with our "technique". We may walk too fast, sweep too quickly, don't overlap the swaths properly for the type of coil and we'll get in a hurry and lift the coil at the end of each pass. All things that we know are important. But things that many of us overlook at times. JMHO HH Randy

I guess it something I have to live with, lol. As long as I am pulling out dimes and quarters, all is good. Did find my first silver ring today.

Even a loose/wobbly shaft can cause falses at the ends of sweeps.
I'm sure that it's someting you could nail down if it was important enough.

Personally, I don't mind hearing what's down there that I don't want, but I don't want to hear what isn't there at all.

Pinpointing sweet spot I have found is in-between the front sticker and the mount. It is about a 1 inch space. Start using a golf tee to test where you believe the object is and then dig it. Dig a bunch of stuff to test but do not plant anything so it's always a guess. After you get good start using a toothpick if you reall want to narrow it down. ALWAYS do a 90 degree check and keep going around to fine tune it in. I am pretty sure the manual cover that part.

What mode you running for the ghost tone?

I ran in discrim 1 mode. I do all the pin pointing things. I just rather not dig too big of a hole in our parks. The few i hunt are on the nice side.

My digging buddy noticed that when detecting I tended to sweep with the coil, like weed whacking, I was getting ghost signals as well so he suggested extending the rod and turning down the sensitivity. I did this and it helped a lot.