Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Encounters with nature

G'day all,

Thought I might relate the experiences with nature I had the other week while detecting in the water.

The beach was very sanded in and the only targets I was getting came from the chest to neck deep water. It was here that I had my first encounter when I stepped on something and there was vigorous wriggling beneath my foot. I'm guessing it was a small stingray, you couldn't see because the water was very murky. Just as well I was in the deeper water otherwise the the people on the beach would have wondered what was going on when I did a little "girly" dance thinking to myself "What the hell was that?'

Next encounter came during the middle of the day when I looked up at one stage and saw a pair of flippers. At first I thought skin diver, but then the flippers re-appeared as well as a head. Turned out to be a playful seal. He had quite a few people on the beach entertained as he dived and rolled around.

Last encounter was at the end of the day as I was heading out. The water was waist deep and as I looked along the beach. I saw a pair of fins moving parallel with the beach and heading towards me. You could tell that they were dolphins and they were going to pass about 10 meters from me. I had my eyes fixed on where I thought they were going to re-appear but was surprised when a third one came up only a few meters from me. Close up these are really big.

That was my experience with nature. Finds wise was not as exciting. Did end up with about $14 in coins and a small 9ct ring that had 15 very small diamonds, should have had 16 but was 1 was missing. One interesting find, although of no value, was an old pocket watch. Thought it was silver but after electrolysis it turned out to be stainless steel. What made it interesting was that on the inside was scratched a name, address and the date 9/10/1926. Looked up the phone book but no one listed by that name at the address.

Anyhow that's it for the moment

HH

Alan V (down under)

Hi Alan,

assumed you were a Victorian, as you had dealings with SBA, but the scenario you describe would be more in keeping with NSW?

Am I wrong?, and if so was this an ocean or bay encounter?

Just curious cause in 40 odd years of diving in Vic have found dolphins to be virtually unapproachable here whereas in NSW encounters are commonplace.

Lou.

All encounters you can walk away from without needing stitches are to be treasured!!!

GL&HH Friends,

CJ