Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

EMI Shielding Cover?

D Wes

I got A wild Idea yesterday after some intense Interference in my back yard, the meter goes wild when it rains due to the Very OLD
Power Lines that bleed and cause trouble and with my Minelab Sov as well. I called A company to day-Jemic that specializes in EMI Shielding and talked with there Key Tech. I am sending Jermic my Rain cover and they are going to make me a custom Shield Cover with A EMI
Clear Shield to be able to see the Meter. It will look just like the Rain cover with the Clear Shield being an EMI Shield and not just clear Plastic
to be able to eliminate all bleeding in and out. They will also be making me a custom cover for my Sov as well that will cover the entire box and the front as well with velcro to open the front flap and to install simply and quick. Pricing is not yet determined to the exact Dollar figure or is there any Guarantee that it will be A success. But they are Pros and one of the Top Dogs out there in EMI Shielding. I will provide results and pricing when all is done and tested. I just hope my wild Idea out of frustration turns out to be rewarding.

Jeff to my knowledge my neighbors all have cable for there Internet services, Two of the Photos were taken from my deck and the third from the alley in back of my House to give an idea of what I have to power lines and cables.

Hello...Good idea, but I'm wondering if it will improve on your present situation.

As you may be aware, your control box has its own internal shielding already. True, it may have 'emi holes' such as the display aperture in the plastic case moulding, but I suspect your dominant source of external interference pick-up is via the search-coil.

I'm interested in the idea of a cover with a window which also affords EMI shielding.
It is going to be an interesting experiment, so thanks for sharing the impending outcome. I wish you success........MattR.UK