Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

elite vs gt?

findit

has anybody compared the two. if you already have the elite would you upgrade to the gt,and is there a performance difference?

I used them both and I like the GT better myself as the control are better positioned, has the straight shaft for better balance, but still a bit heavy. I also feel the GT is a bit more sensitive plus you can turn off the iron mask which I never do anyway as I like to get coins next to iron even though it may false a bit more. I find that the GT will fool you a little more on iron being more sensitive. I also find if using the meter it is likely to lock into a good number on a deep target better. One more thing the GT has is a switch to have silent search if you want which I thought I would never use anyway, but have seen some cases where you have a lot of ground to cover and targets are far a few, but as soon as I start getting good target I will switch back to a threshold so I can hear those deep target that only change the threshold. On the Elite and older Sovereigns you had to take it apart and switch a jumper wire, but the GT just flip a toggle switch.
I feel the GT is the best Sovereign I have used and I used them all.