Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Eclipse 5.3 or 5" EXcelerator coil??

Detector_Pat

I am going to be ordering up a DFX, and want a smaller coil. Which would be a better choice, the Eclipse 5.3, or the 5" EXcelerator coil?? I am looking for some input here, all comments welcome. I live in one of the older cities in the U.S., and know that there are great finds here just waiting to be discovered. Thanks, Pat

I can only give you imput on the Eclipse 5.3 It is great for separation of targets and trash. Expect up to 7.5 inches with a properly working coil. Main hits for me seem to fal right on 3.5

It is a joy to swing especially after swinging the stock coil for a few days at a time.

Also look at this>

http://nevada-outback-gems.com/MXT_files/avail_coils_and_access.htm

Hi Pat,

Would suggest the 5.3Eclipse as your first smaller coil for the DFX. It's probably the best overall coil for hunting places where target separation and good depth is a priority.

The 5" EXcelerator coil is one of the best i've used on an M6 at trashy sites for ultimate target separation. It reminds me of the great separation qualities of the 350 snooper available for the 6.59kHz detectors. You may lose some depth vs the 5.3 Eclipse but will unmask some targets where target density (good or bad)and perhaps soil conditions are the main cultprit on finds. Just my opinion .HH Bill