Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Easy gold for newbies

steve in so la

Over the years I have dug lots of gold in kiddie play areas, mostly chip bark, sand or gravel.
I say easy because there's rarely any deep digging - the hard part is digging most signals.

StevespicsfromShutterfly552.jpg

816silverring.jpg

I never have used a metered detector, just go by sounds on my Fisher 1266 (that tells you my old age range ). Here's some of the gold, some with diamonds, that I have found. The stuff is out there, just keep on learning your machine.

MVC-002F%203_zpsold1wieb.jpg

I now live in Louisiana, all the gold was found in Az years ago. Here in La I rarely find gold as people just don't wear it I believe.

8-28diamonds.jpg

Some years back when gold was high priced I sold almost all of it. I was finding 30 to 45 solid gold pieces per year. So my purpose in posting here is not to brag or anything. I wanted to emphasize to the newbies that gold is found almost right under your nose. I'll post some suggestions on where to particularly look at the play areas some time.

Steve in so la (formerly steve in so az)

I have found some nice little gold items in them tot lots.

So very true, Steve. Gold's out there for those willing to look. I'm hoping to get out this coming Spring, Summer, and Fall. Today was another day for facial pre-cancer surgery. Next week is another. Most of the time over the last year, I was either too ill to hunt or didn't have the transportation, etc. to get where I wanted to go. I'm learning I can take the city bus to many parks with play areas for the kids.

know you are going to dig a lot of foil, pop tabs, and other aluminum scraps if we are going to get the gold. Also seems stainless items come up in mid tone on my Fisher's. If you are not digging these items you will not be finding the gold.

Anywhere people were items were lost. The more people the more items were lost. Some common sense thinking will help to find locations. Example: I remember that High School Bands gathered in the gold post area on football fields and cheerleaders and graduation ceremonies were around the fifty yard line close to the out of bounds line. Found a few nice gold rings in the last area. Good luck.

Yes, if willing to dig and go :detecting: there is gold, relics and coins to find! I tired out too quickly, so didn't find what many of the better detecting ones have found and do find! But no matter what, if one likes the hobby that counts in having fun doing it, as well as finding the hidden mysteries and treasure! Also, getting older and less hunted places to hunt is helpful too! :angel: Ma