Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

earphones for T2

K.J.

Hi,

I've been using a pair of Logitech MP3 wireless earphones since over one year without any problem. Last sunday anyway I ran out of battery and I had to plug in a pair of standard earphones. With my surprise, the signal was very low, even if I switch volume to max level.
I tried another earphone at home with the same result. On a local forum, one guy suggested that it depends on the Ohm impedence (?).
I looked at the T2 manual but I couldn't find this information. Sooo, to cut it short, anyone could suggest an earphone that surely works well with our beloved T2? Possibly a brand that could be found also here in Europe :)
Thanks and happy hunting

Hello KJ. In answers to your query about headphones, and the output impedance of the T2.

It is 275 ohms, so in theory a set of headphones of equal or similar impedance would be the 'loudest'.

BUT.....there are headphones and there are better headphones. You may see a pair with the right figures on their label, but that doesn't mean that they best suit you or are any good performance wise.

It all depends on the type of magnet used, plus the cone material and the way it is 'formed'.

You will only know if one type is better than another by actually trying them on your T2.

So go to a dealer, or try a friend's set. Don't pay silly money either, because there is a lot of nonsense

about 'phones which cost a $100 or more. Don't buy a pair with volume controls fitted, for they are the

totally unnecessary and prone to problems over time.......You take your time and only buy after you have tried them

on your detector. p.s. Don't forget the comfort factor as well. Leather cups are best........Good hunting...MattR.UK.

Thanks Matt for the explanation.
Problem is that we don't have any local MD store over here and unless I buy the headphones in a dept store (where I cannot test them because they are sealed , and surely I cannot go there with my T2) I have to get them through internet.
That is why i was looking for good advices from other members who eventually have tested some models with good results.
I checked a couple of british links for headphones, but the price scared me.

[quote jeff@middlesex]get hold of Garys Detecting in the UK, he is a T2 user and can help you out
jeff[/quote]

thanks Jeff, unfortunately not much of help ....

which headphones do you use out there guys?

When I had my T-2 and now have a F-75 I find you need a good pinpointing probe to find some of these very small target the detector can see, so I use my Uni Probe headphones with the probe built in. Works real good and the headphones are top quality.