Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Earphone solution found for AT Pro

Gopher John

I have not enjoyed wearing the earphones provided with my AT detector. They were loose fitting bulky and generally not comfortable to wear for more than a couple of minutes. I was waiting for someone to come out with an extension connector that adapted the water proof male to a 1/4 inch female phone connector so I could use the earphones I use with my Bounty Hunter.
I planed to purchase the waterproof earphones in the future so I would be ready to go in the lakes when it gets warm enough. With this future purchase in mind, I jumped the gun and picked them up from my dealer when I went in for a visit. I am very glad I did get them. The original supplied earphones will stay off of my AT Pro forever now. I LOVE THE WATER PROOF EARPHONES!! They are comfortable to wear, lighter in weight, stay put on my head and the coiled cord is more flexible and not pulling on me when I set the AT on the ground to dig. I also like the idea I can wash them along with the AT Pro after each hunt.
I would have spent $30 to $40 for the connector adapter and used my old earphones and now realize that is almost half the price of the good waterproof earphones. My money is hard to come by and that would not have been a wise investment, as I now see it in hind-site.
I had to send my AT Pro back for the coil faulting problem and they fixed it for me. Other than that inconvenience the only complaint I had was the earphones and that is now solved for me.
Hope this makes sense to to others.

I am patiently waiting for the headphone adaptor...I like my new DetectorPro "Rattlers" too much to try anything else...Anyone hear any hints on when the adapter will become available?
But you are right about the supplied headphones...I wore the once and vowed not to wear them again. The quality of sound is ok but the fit and comfort is terrible.

WOW -- Glad to know this. I already prepaid for the adaptor.

I just checked Garrett's website and didn't see it offered. If it is, how much are they asking for the adaptor???

AT Pro headphone adapter

Part No: Adapter #1626000 MSRP: $39.95

See your local dealer or call Garrett

Great News! Thanks...

I to use the Blue underwater earphones from Garrett. I find them comfortable and although there is no volume control they seem to be pre adjusted I can
hear the faint signals yet the loud signals do not blast your ears off. I wear them for up to 10 hrs. at a time Pyrites Pete

Is the cord longer on the waterproof headphones? On the standard ones, when I set my detector down the cord pulls and they slip off my head. Personally, I'd rather spend the dough the waterproof ones than $40.00 on an adapter, assuming the don't get pulled off my head as well.

The Blue Garrett earphones seem to have less coil spring pull on the headset when you set the AT Pro down to dig. The cord may just be more flexible. I do not think there is much difference in wire length, just coil spring resistance is much less. The ear cups fit well over the ears and stay put. I agree with Pyrites Pete about the volume being very well matched for comfort and ability to hear even the low weak deep good tones. The fact they work so well and are comfortable to wear for long hunts and can be washed in the lake make them a no brainier for me. I plan on finding my share of Gold and diamonds in the lakes this summer. The adapter is almost half the price of the Blue Garrett head set.

Gopher John

Here is what I did for the headphone fix,went to Radio Shack and bought part # 274-141(comes 2 to a pack) only cost 5-6 bucks.. Cut the cord from headphones that came with the unit( hated them and wasn't gonna ever use) Now the plug keeps the unit waterproof still, but not the headphones.. I ran the cord along the inside of the S handle to the rear, (drilled 1 little hole) This is a really neat little fix, keeps cord out of the way and can use and headphones I want..
Sorry if pic's not being any better but thats all my cell phone can do..

Gopher John said:
AT Pro headphone adapter

Part No: Adapter #1626000 MSRP: $39.95

See your local dealer or call Garrett
Is this adapter being made for the relocation of the connection or too use regular head phones for say gray ghost?

i think rather than cut my headphones (which you can always sell or use for backup) I'd just order another plug from garrett and wire that.