Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ear bugs/ water

Donut

Can I just plug a set of cheap set of wired earbuds directly into the back of the Equanox. I’m not gonna be havering my head in the water.
I think I heard that the plug on the back of the NOX is waterproof.

Yeah you should have no problem there’s a guy who makes waterproof ones for the nox on the big auction site ..

Ok thanks. I was concerned of the water reaction where it plugs into the unit.
Also do you have a link those waterproof earbuds

Thank you

If I understand you correctly the answer is no. The earbuds to plug directly into the back of the Equinox (3.5m) require a waterproof connector if you're going into water (and submerse the connector). You cannot simply connect earbuds to the back of the Equinox with a regular 3.5mm jack and expect it to work in water. Several companies and individuals sell waterproof headphones along w the waterproof connector for the Equinox. You can also buy a waterproof connector and put it on your cheap earbuds yourself if you have minimal electronic skills. As an alternative, you can buy a cheap set of Bluetooth earbuds (aptX low latency and waterproof) and use them with the Equinox. They'll work as long as the Equinox control box is above water. I have found sweat-proof, aptX LL earbuds for as low as $8.01 and several pair around $30.

Ok thanks that is the exact answer I was looking for.
Next year I planning on getting the waterproof headphones. And for now I’m using the WM-08 and as soon as the head goes under I loose the signal. So for now I think I’ll just get the waterproof plug in cord and use a cheap pair of earbuds.

Thank you do much

Doug

By the way that connector maybe water proof on the back of the box......BUT that dont keep the sand out. Hopefully you use the screw cap. You also said THE waterproof phones....... look around before buying the yellows.

I bought the waterproof connector and used waterproof swimming earbuds to make a set, they worked well and I dove with them a couple of times to approximately six feet, then got a good set of WP headphones.

Thanks deacon good advice. I think I’m gonna get the waterproof cap connector and plug a cheap set of earbuds in the cord and then next year get the waterproof headphones

There are just so many ways to go on this snd I’m learning.
Thanks everyone for the help.
Your Friend. Doug