Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

E800 Manual

GroundScanner

Hi guys , I bought my E800 brand new. What it came with was a folded up paper saying getting started. Is there a full paged manual that was supposed to come with the unit. Thanks for any info. GS

GroundScanner said:
Hi guys , I bought my E800 brand new. What it came with was a folded up paper saying getting started. Is there a full paged manual that was supposed to come with the unit. Thanks for any info. GS

No, they are not shipped with a full manual. As stated above, you can download one in the language of your choosing from the ML website.

And if you have a color laser printer you can print the entire manual. I did that and it's quite handy. However, I didn't print some of the photos of detectorists using the detector, since these photos are just for looks and don't contain instructions.

The unofficial reason Minelab did not include a printed manual with the 800 is that they did not want people showing up on videos hunting with the 800 in one hand and their manual in the other hand. That was bad optics.

The vast majority of owners manuals (cameras, Phones, leaf blowers, weed whackers etc) are now just online. Much cheaper to post it online than it is to have it printed to give to the consumer. Even cell phones now only come with a getting started sheet of paper. New computer ditto. I was ready to put mine in the trash and I am still learning how to use it even after three or four years.

Made for the international market so the lack of a manual and a power plug cut down on the overall production costs.

Also, this makes it easier for Minelab to make updates to the manual. There have been a few updates since the first version of the manual was released. Another reason I would rather have an electronic version of the manual. I downloaded the manual before I even got my Equinox anyway and read through it on my tablet a few times since.

What clues are there that the NOX manual was updated?

Is there a different date listed or version number somewhere?

Just curios,

Tony NJ

On the page before the back cover there is a number 4901-0249-X.
The X is the version number 1 was the version that came with my detector, the version on the Minelab site for download is number 4.