Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

E trac

ronpa1

When hunting at what depth do the co #'s become unstable? Using the V3i and the vdi's become unstable at around 6 1/2 to 7 inches...Bouncey. So I read alot about the E trac and am thinking of making the switch. My Whites dealer is now selling the E trac besides Whites tectors Im going for a test drive tomorrow.

i was just thinking about this today silver under 8 pretty stable , but pennies after maybe 5 can be all over . where i hunt it isnt that clean ground and if the penny comes out just red colored it will even sound like a dime maybe. but if it is green and crusted fe can be anywhere and the co is more like 37 i pulled a 42 merc today at i think maybe 7 inches ground was not that bad and it was 12-43 maybe 12-44, and the next angle 10-42, 09-42 12-42 but the sound was perfect , you just knew it was a coin , later on same numbers and i knew it was another dime and it was a nice wheat , i dont look at the fe # if it shows more than 4 inches really anyway unless they are over 20 then quickmask and ding around with it

It depends on the soil, and whats around the target. Also, what's on the target. You'll find a silver quarter will ping at 1-49, 11-47, 12-47, 12-49, 1-46 etc. You just have to realize that it's rare you'll ever get the perfect numbers. They just don't exist in the field unless you happen across a coin flat on its back, shallow, and in clean soil. What you can see from the examples I gave, is that the Fe numbers are in the sweet range for a coin, and the Co is in the silver range also. You would dig any of those combinations. You'll also learn what a long squelch sounds like when you slowly slide over a crushed can, and the difference between that and a coin. The numbers are almost identical and you'll get fooled in the beginning.

The Co's hold pretty stable at depth 8+ inches, but they can be all over as well. I've had silver dimes come in at 41 (very worn ones) all the way up to 48. The Fe's will be the ones that change dramatically with depth and iron/mineralization. I guess the point is, that we don't worry so much about 'what number', something comes in at. As long as if falls in a range and consistent in signal and sound.

Ronfin is right. Most of the time you'll be able to differentiate between a coin and can....unless the can is down a foot.

NebTrac

I had a V3i and an Etrac. Still have the Etrac. In my soil the Etrac had a lot more stable TID. The V3i target IDs became a lot more jumpier at shallower depths than the Etrac did.