Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

E-Trac

Hard no............... experimentation required in your area ..Yes..

It's like every detector on the market as far as people liking and disliking.. Some Like it, Some Love it, Some hate it.

It has proven to be an awsome detector capable of finding many good targets in many different areas of the "World"..

Define "hard"...

If you are not interested in reading the instruction manual or Andy's books, and are just interested in turn-on-and-swing, then it's probably not the machine for you.

If you take this hobby a little more seriously, and are willing to put in the reading and field use time, it will be well worth your effort. Especially if you never used an Explorer/ETrac before.

One thing that I have found that has REALLY helped me is to find folks in your area that have a Minelabs machine .....If they have an E Trac, all the better .....It's a GREAT machine .....I will go out on a limb and say that it really does everything quite well except it does not go into the water ....Everything else it does really well ...You won't be looking for another detector anytime soon unless you want to get into the water, and even then you will be keeping your E Trac .....Jim

onemore said:
Define "hard"...

If you are not interested in reading the instruction manual or Andy's books, and are just interested in turn-on-and-swing, then it's probably not the machine for you.

If you take this hobby a little more seriously, and are willing to put in the reading and field use time, it will be well worth your effort. Especially if you never used an Explorer/ETrac before.

I kind of agree and disagree with this.
I agree that you MUST do your homework. Read, read and read it again!!
Where I disagree is that the Etrac is not a turn on and go machine. It's taken me over a year to perfect my settings but I can set up someones ETrac in 2 minutes to make it it 'turn on and go'.

Gaz.

I started with an ACE250 and upgraded to the etrac. I read and read and read and still had a tough time. I learned with a turn on and go detector though. This was hard for me to learn at first but, would buy it again if I had to go back and make the decision again. The Etrac is the way to go. :clap:

Randy......nice of you to join in this thread mate but just saying "No it's not" and nothing else is a cop out my friend.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion I agree but it needs to explained or it's meaningless and contributes nothing to other forum members
who are asking for advice.

It wasn't so bad to learn the E-trac; I have had success ever since my first hunt with mine. However, I did tons of book and forum reading before I went out with it...

I wouldn't say it is hard to learn but it can be a bit challenging at first. Understanding the settings and options on the E-trac are key to getting the most out of it for your area, style of hunting, and what you are looking for. E-trac does have preset turn on and go programs but that does not mean it is a simple machine. One thing you can try before committing that much money is to read the online version of the manual a couple of times and download the E-trac emulator for your computer. The emulator is nothing like actually being in the field with one but will help you gain an understanding of the settings and options at your disposal.

Gaz your Scaring people, LOL Im getting one and i was a Long time Whites user 20+ years, My friend has one, iLL say its Different but its stright Forwared,
And you can worm up to it Quick, Different opinions is Cool though never be intimidated N thats a 20 Dollar word i had to go to my spell checker LOL, Mickfin,

E Trac, FACTS;

Coming off of 20+ years of other types of detectors the change of using your brain to translate the sounds becomes the challenge.
It takes the time to customize to the sound of targets and trash. ( do YOU want to take time?)
It can be used with the the touch of 2 buttons.
Everything else can be read about... how hard is that?.
It will find 6 inch coins any (insert detector name here) will find...easy.
If you also want to try for some really deep hiding coins (6-12inches)...Or hunt trashy, or iron ground, then this machine can find them if you start to learn to adjust the machine in better ways for all the different areas you hunt.
It can also find the coins that are left by many other detectors. Many other detectors can find some of those missed coins too.
It is simply up to you... Do you learn the functions on your cell phone or just use it for calls and wait for someone to show you how to send attached pics?
If you are semi interested in the Hobby then the machine may not be for you...If you are hard bit then give the machine a test with a dealer or friend before you buy it.

Good Luck,
utahshovelhead

Thanks 4R your reply Utah, Im in it 4R the Long hall N i really want to do this I want to find DEEP coins , Though I came from Whites brand 20+ years it wont be to hard 4R me coze this will be my 4th Minelab N im ready !!!!!!!! 4R the DEEP stuff !!!!!!! Mickfin,