Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

e trac question

dbennett7

i run my e trac on the stock coim mode auto plus 3 the only thing different is i use goesforevers settings i get better results than my freind he runs manual and we both seem to get about the same depth my question does some units seem to run better than others dennis

As I stated in another post...It is the laws of electronics that no 2 detectors are going to be exactly identical...There are going to be slight variations in readings and performance, but it should not be that much.
Perhaps your friends manual Sensitivity settings are too high...More is not always better...It is like headlights in the fog...Bright beams can blind you instead of making visibility better...It is like the gas pedal in a car...More gas=higher speed=more dangerous driving...More Sensitivity=more depth=over saturation of signal=detector has a brain f@rt...I try to keep my Sens at the suggested levels unless I am in the woods or an area with low trash and EMI. As G4E has stated, Noise canceling at every site is not needed...I have NCed at a site multiple times and hae had the setting change as many times, so it is NOT a precise science....I usually leave it on a setting of 6 unless I am getting interference or a LOT of falsing.

I hope this helps some,