Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Duracell battery's

holey dollar

Hi guys
Just wanted to know if anyone using the Duracell 9 volt Battery if you have had any problems.
These battery's have been grait for me, but had one last week about 7.8 volts out of detector, detector would not perform, changed the battery, worked fine with new battery, used new battery for about 7 hours still over 7.5 volts.
Read a few posts on the web regards problems with Duracell Battery's, seems like a Quality control problem, IE Battery's die very quick,
When i bought the Vaq was told it would work at full up to 6 volts in the machine turned on, any thoughts ?????.

You can have a bad battery read a specific voltage like it's good, then as soon as you put some load on it, the voltage falls. Remove load and the voltage bounces back up, but usually a little less before the load was applied. A good battery will not have near the drop.
Had it happen to dry cells and just a couple weeks ago to a neighbors automotive battery. SUV wouldn't crank and a check showed voltage was fine, but as soon as the headlight switch was turned on, the lights came on dim a second then went out, and the voltage immediately dropped to 4 volts and was working it's way down from there.
Last month I had a 3 volt CR-123 Lithium brand new in the pack that was no good. Good thing I had more that were good.
I remember some auto batteries that had good voltage and specific gravity hydrometer readings of the electrolyte didn't show all that bad. But measurement of the impedance would usually show the culprit being out of manufacturer specifications.
Guess it happens every now and then.

Out of the pack the voltage should be at minimum 9.0 volts or more. If your getting bad batteries, I would invest in a DC voltmeter, radioshack, Has cheap ones,, and check the voltage of the batteries as soon as you take them out of the pack. If it shows 9 volts or more,, Its probably a good battery. The amperage potential that a battery stores is what actually does the work though,, and as mentioned in the afore post,, just because it has the correct voltage doesnt mean the battery is good. I myself use rechargeables. And after they come off the charger and have cooled and stabilized, they usually read around 9.64 volts on my meter. The thing about rechargeables though,, they dont gradually go dead,, it like all of a sudden. I have 4 rechargeables that I alternate, and it saves me alot of coin. Batteries keep going up and up.. So it works for me..