Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

dumb question..which way do the 6 inch coils go???

anton69

lol,ive just got an x70 back into my life,and got the 6 inch coils..i know there are only 2 ways to go,but which is right? sorry for the dumb question :)

I'm new but I've been using mine a bit the last few days. The mounting yoke on the coil has a gradual slope that should face you once mounted I believe. The front has a more abrubt rounded edge that should face away. On mine this places the coil lead at the 10 to 11 oclock position. This allows you to fold the coil flat against your shaft without pinching the coil lead. This is not information that I've gleaned from any professional sources but just arrived at by trying it in both positions. It seems to place less stress on the lead.

I don't think it really matters but I mount mine with the lead at 4:00, just like the rest of my coils.

thanks barnicle :)..i dont know if it matters to the operation or not,but one way looks ok and the other looks ridiculous,having more of the coil real estate behind the shaft,so it should have been comm onsense,but im thankful for the photo description :)

It will work either way but..............pinpointing is sooooooooo much easier as the you can see the center of the coil better(not obstructed view by shaft). If you're paying good money for the show, then why pick an obstructed view?:lol:

HH
BarnacleBill

What tool do you use to dig through asphalt?

Nice pictures. The wet leaves on the pavement capture the essence of fall.

HH

1859large said:
What tool do you use to dig through asphalt?

Nice pictures. The wet leaves on the pavement capture the essence of fall.

HH

lol......don't:rofl:

Did you all know that ground balancing a detector over asphalt actually gives a useable setting for typical ground conditions?
Try it sometime.

Just a little FYI

Tom