Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dumb Grizzly........kind of a dirty blond:biggrin:.............

My brother and I had taken a job building farrowing crates inside a building for a hog farmer.The building already had several brood sows inside crates that were already built.Somehow our extension cord got close enough to one big old sow who promptly bit it.The lights went out and when they came back on (after replacing a fuse) that sow was dead as a hammer with the extension cord still in her mouth ......kinda looked like that bear. And that was just 110 volts....I developed a new respect for electricity.....felt horrible about the sow,and the farmer was not real happy about it either!

get hooked on human food and lazy. They also lose fear and respect for humans and there is only one cure.
I have seen bears bite through or attempt to, anything human made, including heavy metal containers, plastic, etc. They can be a huge problem because they are opportunist hunters. Those that do not have much human contact are the
lucky ones. I have them around here nearly all the time, had to spook one the other day so that he would not target our fruit trees. A couple close shots with the 7mm scared him plenty and he has not been back.
Once in a while i have had to kill a bold and arrogant one that would not scare off, don't like to, but must consider the danger to children and others in our rural area.

I think it would be neat to take some pictures of the bears in your back yard climbing a fruit tree! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

they hunt by sight,according to them.my granddad said they are oblivious to everything around when running prey,he told me he had a female that hit a barb fence at full speed and it messed her up pretty good.the bears nature is its enemy sometimes.

what do you do with the carcass?you have someone with a backhoe dig a hole for you?thats a lot of animal to get rid of.

We have that problem up here. Fortuntately, the Russells have taken to chasing every bear that shows up here, so my tree problems have been mitigated, somewhat. Still in all, I prefer that method of getting rid of the bears. It would only be a matter of time that they moved from the fruit trees to,say my chicken coop.. or the barn... or the house.

calm seas

Mikie

David i hook on with the Quad and drag it back to the swamp where the vultures and other bears deal with it, sorta recycle. Thankfully i rarely have to do that.

n/t