Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

dug up a 1u81 nickel today,I Know I Get The Weired Ones

steveholdem

I Looked Every which Way You can Look Don't See No way a 9 could have been there. I think I need To turn off the coin mode Or better yet the weired tone leave alone? Has Any body Seen anything Like this Or What? I looked For any way a 9 not there it's more shaped at the top of a U. ??????????????????????????????????????? IS IT A 1u81 Nickel???

Nickel from where? U.S. didn't start making nickels till 1866. HH, Nancy

I would say a 1981 Jefferson. You might contact someone that has more knowledge in coins and inquire about errors in minting. Could be just an error.

Looks like a worn Jefferson, they don't fair so well in the ground. 1981, most of the nickles I find are the same color including a few buffalos. Good luck with that!!

ronaldj2 said:
Looks like a worn Jefferson, they don't fair so well in the ground. 1981, most of the nickles I find are the same color including a few buffalos. Good luck with that!!

couldnt agree more...def a modern jefferson

Haven't seen one of those since the 1u00's.
HH
Scott

Steve .... you are going to have to stop detecting out there in the " Twilight Zone "........ :rofl: