Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

DTI meter ?

ahia

My SOV GT user manual says to set quarter at 170. Why does everyone set it at 180? I just a bought a DTI meter whitout a manual. Thanks for putting up with all my questions.

You could set it anywhere the meter will adjust to if you want.........However......For a common reference point, most set to 180.
This is how people started using the meter, and it has continued.

Tradition????? Like they say in the military......"this is always how we did it, and we are not going to change".

HH

As Art says it is just tradition as this is what we have always did and when asking what certain thing read we will be giving you number that are the 180 numbers. These will be different if you calibrate to 170, so you wouldn't be able to use the numbers we mention. It is basically a reference point anyway.

As Rick and Art have said, "because that is the way it has been done in the past." There are some very good charts here on this forum that give a number breakdown for each type of target and the number(s) that will show on the meter. These charts are based on the 180 calibration, so I copied the chart, carry it in my pocket, and calibrated my meter to 180. It has sure made learning the tones on the GT much easier having the 180 printed chart to refer to.

Chuck in Cape Coral

The manual says 'pass a common coin across the coil..' Well, over here a US Quarter or an Aussie 20 cent isn't a common coin- so i use a Danish 50

Hi Ahia, I don't know if you are interested? But, I have a Brand NEW SOV.-GT Easy-View Meter Mount for sale. It was never used. It sells for $30.00 shipped by Dave's Dixie Metal Detectors of Madison, Tenn., and I am selling it for $22.00 shipped to lower 48 states. It can be mounted for Left-Handed or Right-Handed Swingers, so that you can get a better view of the meter, and the VIEW IS NOT OBSTRUCTED BY YOUR SOV. GT Handle. If interested, you can call me anytime day or UPTIL Midnight e.s.t. My cell# is (302) 354-5661, hh, Les Robinson

Surfcity, You CANNOT order a NEW SunRay DTI Meter, because they STOPPED MANUFACTURING them!! You either have to try and find a USED ONE, or you have to buy the NEW MINELAB SOV. 180 Meters from any MINELAB DEALERS. If you want to buy a new one, Rick(ND) of R & L Enterprises can HOOK YOU UP !! He is one of the forum sponsors on the EXCAL/SOVEREIGN Forum, and a GREAT DEALER to deal with!! Hope this helps, hh, Les Robinson