Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dry bags

Parkit

I'm looking for a good.... something........to carry my wallet, hotel keycard, and possibly cell phone into while wading the mine. I've seen Trident and Innovative bags in various scuba stores online, does anyone have experience with a specific brand, style or type that really works? And where do you carry it on you while in the water?

Thanks,
Steve

I use Aquapac bags I use them for my keys and stuff...

http://www.waterproofcases.net/waterproof-cell-phone-cases.html

I've tried the cheap zip-lock, in fact tried using one inside another then inside a third and still got water. That's why I'm asking about the ones made for SCUBA diving, I figure everyone who hunts in the surf has some way of keeping their wallet, keys, etc on them and dry. So far everything I've seen looks like a pain in the neck, literally with a neckstrap attached to a dry box that bangs around. Gotta be a better way.

Steve

Steve, I hunt with only my drivers licenses for identification if needed and my jeep keys. I lock all the rest of my stuff in a safe place in my jeep. I picked up this slim case at a dive shop in the Bahamas, I have used it for a year now and no problems. I use an underwater camera also. I wear a light weight fast drying shirt with double chest pockets that have Velcro on them. (I think it is made by Columbia clothing). that way I can put camera in one and ID case in other with neck strap for extra care as to not loose in rough water. I hunt rough surf and have been knocked over a few times and have had no problems with loosing either. No room for cell phone, or any large Item. Hear are a couple pics. I wear a double pocket belly pack with plastic zippers for my loot and trash to go in. HH

CASE WITH KEYS, LICENSES WITH ROOM FOR SOME CASH IN CASE I GET HUNGRY OR NEED A SODA.
[attachment 84397 waterproof case001.jpg]

CLOSED (Quarter will give you an ideal of the size)
[attachment 84399 waterproof case002.jpg]

There is a hundred ways, but this works fine for me. Very small and out of the way. HH

II started out carrying all my "stuff" in a small Pelican box hanging off my belt. Didn't take too long to realize that although finding stuff is great, my detecting habit arises from wanting to shut off the world and disappear into my headphones. So, I lstarted leaving the cell phone and everything else that ties me to the world in a safe place that's not in the ocean. I've enjoyed every day in the surf since then, even when I come up empty.

Thanks for the pics PaPa, that looks like something that might work. I've ordered the Aquapac waterproof belt case and I'll see how it performs. If I don't like it, next time I'm on the coast I'll check the dive shops. I'm pretty much forced to hunt at night, alone on a mostly deserted beach, and that's why I wanted something big enough for a cell phone. I figure that if I get hit by a ray or something at least I won't float off dead into the wild blue without giving someone a chance to retrieve my corpse.

Steve