Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Driving Lessons

Sunny

Yesterday was a real learning experience. Better for some than others. Our fifteen year old, Les, seems to not have much interest in driving a car. Nor does my fifteen year old grandson. Now what is the deal? I can remember the day I turned fourteen years old, I was there getting my permit. I bugged my mom and dad to death to let me drive. ANY time I could get behind the wheel, I did. So, by the time I was sixteen years old, I was an experienced driver, and off I went.

Today

Went garage saling, came home, did some more pointing on the chimney, watched Alice play with the horses.... You know...cool stuff :)

I remember when I was a kid [I know, here we go again [rolling eyes smiley here]], I learned to drive on the farm. Heck, by 10 years old, we had driven tractors, trucks, semis, cars... the whole gamut of farm equipment. When i got my licence [up here it is at age 16] I took the learners and the drivers with 10 minutes of each other. Things have changed and not necessarily for the better.

These days, all you read about is street racing and someone getting killed or badly hurt.. At least that is all that is written about in the Vancouver papers. The kids have the licence, but not the skills or the maturity to drive well.

All the best

Sunny skies, Clear water, calm seas

M

are trying to pass a law here where kids cannot be on a cell phone. Heck, I think that's the way it should be with everybody, though. Adults to. I don't know how many times I have almost been ran over by both men, women and kids while they were talking on a cell phone.

I don't think you could make it in my place if the show "Trading Spaces" switched us! I on the other hand, would love watching the horses and garage saling!

What do you mean, by "pointing" on the chimney? :)

I raised three daughters with no cell phones and only one phone in the house. You are right, kids are spoiled rotten and they seem to feel they have it coming.

Nobody bought me a car and I did not have one until I bought my own,

n/t

n/t

NEVER. You teach the neighbor kid and they teach yours because no kid is gonna listen to their own parent.

My mother paid for private lessons for me back in 55. It cost five bucks a one hour lesson back then, which was a lot of money for my mother. After I took the lessons I took them again in school because that was the first year they offered them. I did good :D

nobody under the age of 25 should be allowed to touch one. They are not necessary. They are a toy for the kids.

I posted about that lady I over heard in the Cell phone store a few months ago. Her daughter had a 280 dollar bill for one month.

The mother asked why and the girl looked it up and said "Whoa" Forget the exact minutes but she had OVER 6000 minutes of FREE weekend calls and over 4200 minutes the mother had to pay for!! ONE MONTH!!! That is 10,000 minutes in one month!! What is that? 166 hours of call time? That is over eight hours a bloody day! And more on weekends.

The mother told the lady that she was gonna have to talk to her daughter. Talk my arse. I would take that phone and she would never get it back.

It pizzes me off to even think that there are parents that stupid and so frightened of their children. They think it is more important to be the kids buddies than to be parents

n/t

standing right there when she was questioning the lady

Les and Jordan out this afternoon in our little Ranger 5-speed truck! It was hysterical! I told Jordan and Les that they both MUST learn how to drive a standard, and they are taking me seriously. We are going to go again tomorrow afternoon. There is about a mile and a half square right beyond our drive way with lots of hills and valleys. The roads are paved, but very few houses. They took turns driving, and laughing at each other! I thought they did pretty good for their first time! :)

too. We all had a good laugh! Les is my "inherited" son, and Jordan is my grandson and Les and he are good friends! We had a blast!

I learned to drive when I was ten years old, driving trucks and farm equipment on the farm. At 12 I was buzzing the country roads in my uncle's 27 dodge. When I was in my early teens my best buddy's brother had a brand new 48 Hudson, my buddy had a key for it, and we used to sneak it out of the garage after his brother went to bed and go tooling around in it. We used to go over where he worked and sneak it out while he worked.

It all came to an end when we swiped it one night when his brother had gone to the movie and when we came back that parking spot was full so we had to park it in another spot and of course the brother figured it all out and beat the living hell out of my buddy when he got home. That was the end of that adventure. I told my buddy that night that it was a real risk as we might not get that same parking spot when we returned but he wouldn't listen and wound up black and blue all over. When I saw him the next day he was really moaning and groaning and looked like he had been run over by a truck.

I remember when I was a little guy my dad used to sit me in his lap and let me steer the car ( 35 Chevy ) as we were driving down the road, so I started early. By the time I got my license at 16 I was well experienced

Bill

Yeah I see kids who are in lower grade school walking around with cell phones. It's ridiculous. Kids and drivers should be relieved of their cell phones.

Bill