Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Don't know how many of you know about Trials Bike riding

George-CT

but here are a few pictures of it from out club. These are bikes set up for balance, slow speed operation and the stuff these guys will climb with them is amazing. We had set this up at the club a week ago and had a demo going on. Thought some of you might get a kick out of what they can do. Here it was just on cars, but we have big rock outcrops here that we climb like mountain goats. These things are geared LOW. Low enough that first gear takes the slack out of the chain and not much else.... Thats what you are seeing here, balance, control and a major set of jewels..... Some of these riders are girls also. Really good riders and its a lot of fun. Here we are just climbing over logs and some cars we have for play time in our demo derby. These might not make it that far....

George-CT

n/t

belonged to a friend, then i used a Yamaha when they came out (dealer bike and i worked there). Did it for a year or so and competed once, got wet and embarrassed:lol: It was good sport and fun!
What are they using there?

The bike was so much better than me that I felt that I could never outgrow it... Of course, then old age crept up and .... :) Sometimes I wonder how I got over the hill when I do not remember being at the top.. :)

Calm seas

Mikie

was all about Bultaco's from Spain as I had a sponsor who sold them. I had the Matador for Enduro's, Pursang and Elbandito for Motocross and a Sherpa T for Trials, all from Bultaco. Had a great time with those bikes. The brakes were lousy on them but the rest of the bike was really great. Pretty sure I have a few pictures of Montessa and Ossa's in my pictures from our meet this year of Vintage bikes. We hold a once a year race with only Vintage stuff. Some of these guys will still give the younger guys a run, but the old bikes don't like these big jumps. Suspension just isn't up to the task.

For trails now, most of the guys use the GasGas rigs. Their motocross bikes don't cut it but their trials bikes are perhaps the best thing out there right now. Honda is in there also, along with Beta, and Sherco from Australia. Montessa is still in the game....I'll attach a picture of the 2008 model. Really light, mostly carbon fiber, water cooled etc...really nice ride.....I'm told, they use a Honda motor also.

Here is a link to a neat video to see what they ride on today. They are so light, that with the larger rear tire, and just right amount of air you can bunny hop them up on big rocks etc....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYKWSRFWebo

like I used to. Still a lot of older guys doing it but its got way to technical now. These kids jump these rigs around like its part of their body. half the time we are chasing them off the picnic tables at the club. We actually had to bring in a big load of rocks to keep them off everything else.

Check this out Mike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY_bITpYNwA

George-CT