Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dogs That Chase Bikes!! ...............

Kelley (Texas)

Has this ever happened to you.................... Your zipping down the road on your bike, enjoying the wind in your face when all of the sudden a dog comes out of nowhere and starts chasing you. What do you do???? Kicking at them can be dangerous 'cause it can through you off balance. Honking your horn doesn't work...... Throwing a beer bottle at them is just wrong (why waste good beer on a dog).......... Whipping out the 'ol 45 auto and popping a cap in him is looked down by the boys in blue............ SO, what do you do? I found the answer on a motorcycle forum I belong to......... ALWAYS carry a cat in your saddle bag. When the dog gets close, reach back, grab the cat (wearing gloves of course) and toss it towards the offending dog. Dogs ALWAYS prefer cat over motorcycle and will take chase. You get to cruise on down the road knowing you have done a good deed... Both the cat and dog will get their exercise.................

Note: this was not written by me, but was posted by "Blvd cruiser" on another forum, C-90 Owners Group on Aug. 11, 2009.

but occasionally a boot in the jaw, may save your live, and teach the dog a lesson, that is if you manage not to dump your Steed, have it fall on you,exhaust pipe burning your leg, while the dog gets even, chomping on your hands and fingers!:D

At the present time, we are taking care of a stray cat that showed up at the house several weeks ago. This is a big, old tom cat that is blind in one eye and he is just now trusting me enough that I can get in about three or four pets before he gets scared. In another week or two, I am hoping to have him tamed enough that I can get him into a pet carrier for a trip to the vets for his shots.

I had some problems with a neighbor last night who is angry because the stray cat whipped up on her bully cat. I reminded her that her bully cat came up on our front porch to get the food that belonged to the stray cat. Her bully cat has been the terror of the neighborhood until now...he has finally met his match.

Debbie is also not very happy with me over trying to adopt this stray cat...we already have a stray dog and stray cat living indoors and she does not want another one. I will have to bide my time until she comes around to accepting this new stray cat or until I find a good home for it. Kelley (Texas) :)

It probably won't work with a bike, but I know a sure-fire way to stop a dog from chasing cars. Take off one hubcap. Get a piece of heavy-duty cloth--towsack or canvas--put it under the hubcap so a lot of it hangs out. Then drive by slow. The dog will grab the cloth--& get flipped over 5 or 6 times. Then stop. That dog will never chase another car.

n/t

My job description would be to drive the bike and your job description would be to load the cougar into the saddle bag and to also release the cougar when the pack of dogs make their appearance! Kelley (Texas) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

n/t

Wayne's job description will to be to catch the cougar. We will have to add a "side car" to the bike so Wayne can ride with us. The only thing that might cause problems is when you release the cougar...it might use Wayne as a stepping stone because the "side car" will have Wayne sitting lower than us two. I wonder if Royal would be interested in transporting the cougar...it could be put in a wire cage setting beside him on his motor scooter. Kelley (Texas) :rofl:

shoot the miserable sucker in the face with a .44 Mag, then go looking for the idiot who kept a dog that would do that:devil:

Remember Wayne that sometimes dogs become different animals when their owners are away and or not looking!

As a plumbing repairman I have had more than one owner tell me the house is unlocked and just come on in and lock up when the job is done!

Oh yes, not to worry about "the dog" as it is a harmless sweetheart!!

Not so sweet when that 75 pound sucker has your leg in its mouth or even carries on as if that is its intention!!!!

People are amazed to find out that their harmless little pet has an alter ego akin to a chain saw on steroids!

Of course the dog is only doing its job and protecting its family and their property!

CJ

any dog protecting home and family is very good, however, vicious dogs loose on the street are plain stupidity and pretty much criminal on the part of the owner and are not let to live if they come after me on public property!

Our neighbor, a typical stoopid liberal bimbo has a Great Pyrenees that was wont to come into my yard a few years back and growl and bark at us in our own yard. I warned her that was ridiculous, dangerous, and peed me off! She said...oh she is ok and just bluffing.......i said.....you can bury her on the "bluff" if it happens again!

It happened again a week later and i was tempted to shoot but instead threw a chunk of firewood that was handy, knocked the miserable thing wonky, then kicked its butt home as it howled. No more problem, lucky for the dog it was a bully/coward.

In past posts I have mentioned how I have been nipped (bitten) a few times and so far nothing serious.

I usually have no problem making the owner understand the consequences of keeping such a dog and how I am likely to respond to a serious bite!

I have never had a repeat occurrence and also never lost a customer by my remarks!

CJ

On the subject of dogs....

Somebody, about a year ago, sent me a sure-fire way to discourage burglars. Put a pair of well-worn size 14 hunting boots on the front porch. Roll up an issue of a gun mag in one of them. In the other, put this note.

Henry

Don't go in the house. I had to put the pits in the house. They might near ate up the mailman. Doc said a dozen stitches, maybe more. I'm gone after a case of beer. Be back in a little bit. Read the mag until I get back. Then it'll be safe for you to go in the house. The dogs won't bother you if you're with me.

Bubba

This, of course, assumes the burglar can read, not always a valid assumption.