Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dogs Do The Funniest Things :thumbup:

Right now I can't stand dogs.

Why? Because we are being driven nuts by the dog next door. And so are other neighbours.

Even as I write this he is barking, and will do so all day long, as is his practice.

I have spoken to the owners but to no avail so far.

He is still barking as I conclude this little complaint ,so I don't find dogs attractive any more.

that used to bark at people all the time....I told my brother one time I sure wish Daisy would get a sore throat and quit barking for awhile! :thumbdown: I pray something happens to get rid of your neighbor's barking dog and bring peace to you and others! :thumbup: :angel: Ma

C. Nyal de Kaye,

Are there any town ordinances against noise? I had the same problem with my neighbor having parties and the stupid dog owner behind me. I love dogs but this dog owner was irresponsible in taking care of his pet. All night and all day would that thing bark. Right through Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall - that dog drive me nuts. Finally, I called the Animal Control Unit for my town. They went out and spoke with the owner and presto! The neighborhood became quite. Then several months later it started up again. So I called the Animal Control Unit back out. They spoke with him a second time with fines in the future if it continued. It has been about five years now and all is well with the dog situation.....

Then (about three years ago) a new neighbor moved next to me. She introduced herself and provided her phone number and said if I ever needed to call her for anything - just call. Well... being in her early 20's she thought she had the right throw huge parties in her backyard 24/7. Yelling, screaming, throwing beer bottles, etc. I called her up at 1am and explained to her to knock off the noise. Well long story short I called her many times over the first two years ( I am a pretty patient & understanding person) however, I was fed up with it. I called her one last time and said to her, " Look you may have parties in your backyard but you do not have the right to keep me awake all night. I have to get up early in the morning to go to work. So, if it continues, law enforcement will be called and they will give you a warning...then another warning.... then law enforcement will start issuing "noise fines" until you decide to stop. "Is this what it has to come down to?" I asked her. My neighbor replied (she started crying on the phone) "I have a right to do what I want in my yard at any time. So if you need to call the police then call them." "Ok" I said, "you have been warned and I truly thought we could handle the matter between us without involving law enforcement" The phone conversation ended and I haven't spoken to her since. However, I had to call the police once as she wanted to "push my buttons" see what she could get away with. After that one run-in with law enforcement, I guess she realized I was done being "nice". Now, she has respect for the other people that are sleeping in the neighborhood.

Sometimes we can only do so much with communicating with neighbors. Hopefully, there is a noise ordinance on the books where you live. I wish you success - Jim

C. Nyal de Kaye said:
Right now I can't stand dogs.

Why? Because we are being driven nuts by the dog next door. And so are other neighbours.

Even as I write this he is barking, and will do so all day long, as is his practice.

I have spoken to the owners but to no avail so far.

He is still barking as I conclude this little complaint ,so I don't find dogs attractive any more.

Thank you for your kindly and helpful suggestions earthlypotluck. I do appreciate your input into our problem here.

You are right, the local Council does have ordinances against barking dogs but, like you, I would prefer to handle it without the "law" stepping in.

However all my protestations have fallen on deaf ears so far and my patience is fast running out.

I am hopeful that by seeing the lady of the house, who is mostly away but will be home this coming week, she will do something positive.

Her husband is a nice fellow but rather hopeless, she isn't; so this coming week is the deadline and then I will see the Council.

I do hope that it doesn't come to that.

Please, call me Jim. None of us ever want it to come down to law enforcement / town council as they are our neighbors....however, we are not "doormats" and sometimes we need to kick it up a notch.

Well, I hope the Mrs. will be a "better bet" in resolution. Keep us posted. - Jim

Her husband is a nice fellow but rather hopeless, she isn't; so this coming week is the deadline and then I will see the Council.