Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does the whites mxt 8 x 14DD really perform in shortout areas or no

I have the whites bucks to buy either a 5.3 or add some cash and get the 8x14, just dont want to wind up with something that will set in the closet

I don't know what a shortout area is but the choice of coils will depend on what kind of hunting you are planning to do. If you want to cover a lot of low trash area and get maximum depth it's the 1400DD hands down. The 5.3 on the other hand would be ideal for moderate to high trash areas, or in the brush and wooded areas. Keep in mind that you will advance only 4 to 6 inches per swing. A good compromise would be the 6X10DD. Another consideration to think about is how mineralized your ground is. The DD coils works better than concentric in high mineralized soils. I use the DD's exclusively in my -94 ground. Good luck Michael.

Monte is right, the 5.3 is the out of closet choice. I also like the 4x6DD shooter. I own the 8x14DD and it is a great coil, deep, sensitive, covers alot of ground, but not good in trahy areas. My use is the stock coil and 6x10DD use is 50% of the time, my 4x6DD 40% of the time and the 8x14DD 10% of the time.

Mike, to be honest about it, under most circumstances, a small coil, used at a trashy locale, will USUSALLY outperform a larger coil used at a "clean" site. My suggestion: use your "Shopper Dollars" to get either the 5.3 concentric Eclipse, or 6x4 "Shooter" DD Eclipse. For depth, the 5.3 is slightly better then the 6x4; however, the 6x4 isolates targets a bit better, at really trashy sites. Hope this helps; HH Jim