Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does the sweep speed matter if i change coil?

sling

What if i put the 12x10 dd on vaq. or tejon.
Do i have to swing slower?
Is there any diferent in the sweepspeed between vaq and Tejon???

I would say YES, because the field electronics inside the control should not be affected by the coil size, but the DD coil does change the pattern over the concentric in that it has a thin but long pattern and will not see as much of a target if it quickly passes over it.

You may need to slow down a bit with the bigger coil. Try it and see!!!
Greg

as i know faster swing gives you more depth.
Ill try it with some buried target what happens if i swing the big coil fast!it might loses the target or gives more depth.Well lot of people just guessing when give advise.And never even test it.

Fast swing does not always give more depth, as explain by Jack Gifford on the Tesoro site. If it is higher in mineralization, you lose depth with a faster swing. Remember, the depth is figured from the receiver, not the transmitter. You can transmit 3 feet down, but the receiver dictates how deep you see. Thats why it is called a sensitivity or gain setting. Increasing sensitivity, lets the receiver hear better.

Good answer.