Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does notch affect depth?

rufus3898

as a new sovereign gt user i was wondering if notching while using zero disc has any affect on depth for coin hunting. Any help would be nice as I figure out this new machine out. Thanks all!

I have not seen any direct loss of depth with discrimination, since Sovs use audio discrimination and only turn off the target audio when a target is to be rejected. The threshold will still give you an ID, as will the meter if used.
However, at times you will see what appears to be loss of depth because a target that is weak enough will often hit a little too low and can fall into the rejected region. Targets that are partly masked or averaged with another object can hit low and fall into a rejected area....you would never bother to check them out because you can't hear that they don't sound right.
This really shows up with air tests...A silver quarter can read lower than a nickle in air at the right distance.

All signals are still processed and identified as to the conductivity determined by the processor no matter if the audio is signalled to turn off or not.
The detectors that use phase discriminator chips will lose depth, and also not process targets that are rejected....you will never know that they are there.

HH