Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does Minelab send email confirmation/warranty registration

bootyhoundpa

I finally got around to registering my equinox,I think so anyway... I filled out all 4 pages online and upon submitting both the green “success and red “errorr icon came up at the same time.. the error message said I entered wrong serial number so I backed up,double checked and it was definitely the right serial number so I resubmitted each page and when I got to the 4th page only the successful green sign came up but I didn’t get an email confirmation.... does that sound right.?

I did mine online registration I had no problem as you may know mine was just replaced the controller they asked for a photograph of my serial number
Before they sent a RMA number then they just sent me a new one after they received mine..

bh,
I'm pretty sure I didn't get an email confirmation from ML registration for my 2 Equinox, but I do remember getting them for my CTX's.
Not sure what's different, now.

But, as with Mkus, I've been covered when I needed warranty work done.

mike

Mkus...... catch 22...... you should get an Email saying you now have 6 mos on your warranty for repairs........... :pinnochio

dewcon4414 said:
Mkus...... catch 22...... you should get an Email saying you now have 6 mos on your warranty for repairs........... :pinnochio
What 6 months of warranty left? don't know if it has to be registered again as it being a "new controller"?
Repairs or replacement are two different things I would think?

FYI, it is still under the original warranty, even if controls are changed. If out of warranty then it comes with the repair center 6 month warranty, if already under warranty then it is the original warranty period.

Thanks for replies...just a little odd they don’t send a confirmation email so I can prove it’s registered....

NOT directed at ML ( havnt read the terms ).
Most new product warranties do this, lets go old school !
You have a TV & the CRT fails at 18 months. Its under a 2 yr warr. BUT the
labor is 1 yr so you pay labor only. The new CRT ( or any other warranty parts)
is ONLY warrantied til the end of the warranty period ( 6 more months in this case).

If it is out of warranty you pay everything. The new CRT will have a warranty typically 2 or 5 yrs
along with a labor warr by the shop of 3mo or 1 yr.

Extended warranties are full of surprises !
1) they can by it off. If they see too many claims on a model they will pay you back the balance of
the unused warranty & end it. This happens due to the way parts become NLA (no longer available).
Otherwise they go broke buying NEW replacements. Seen this happen with Whirlpool fridges.
At a few yrs old you couldnt get the defrost element so they bought off all the warranties.
2) They get fulfilled. Especially small stuff. Buy a radio for $40. Pay $5 for a 5 yr warr. The radio breaks
a yr later. They give you a new one. That breaks in 2 days. The contract has been fulfilled so no
free radio this time.

Enuf fer now
HH
Tom
LFOD !

TomNH said:
. Interesting and makes sense too..I wonder if the lifetime warranty is what led to Tesoro’s demise..
NOT directed at ML ( havnt read the terms ).
Most new product warranties do this, lets go old school !
You have a TV & the CRT fails at 18 months. Its under a 2 yr warr. BUT the
labor is 1 yr so you pay labor only. The new CRT ( or any other warranty parts)
is ONLY warrantied til the end of the warranty period ( 6 more months in this case).

If it is out of warranty you pay everything. The new CRT will have a warranty typically 2 or 5 yrs
along with a labor warr by the shop of 3mo or 1 yr.

Extended warranties are full of surprises !
1) they can by it off. If they see too many claims on a model they will pay you back the balance of
the unused warranty & end it. This happens due to the way parts become NLA (no longer available).
Otherwise they go broke buying NEW replacements. Seen this happen with Whirlpool fridges.
At a few yrs old you couldnt get the defrost element so they bought off all the warranties.
2) They get fulfilled. Especially small stuff. Buy a radio for $40. Pay $5 for a 5 yr warr. The radio breaks. Interesting and makes sense too from a business stand point...I wonder how much Tesoro’s lifetime warranty played into its demise
a yr later. They give you a new one. That breaks in 2 days. The contract has been fulfilled so no
free radio this time.

Enuf fer now
HH
Tom
LFOD !

Ya Tomnh, makes sense...it’s just one of those days today that anything electronic I touch just doesn’t co-operate..