Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does death await me at the end of that dirt road..............

Kelley (Texas)

I heard an interesting story today...a story about the location of an old rock house where eleven people were killed by the Indians back in the 1850's. The old man that told me the story grew up on the ranch just north of the site. It is located on a dead end dirt road off of Farm to Market Road 473 in Kendall County, Texas. This old rock house is in a remote area, about a half mile from the end of that dirt road. Evidently, the Indians were on a killing spree and a few folks fleeing the Indians fled to this rock house where a goat farmer and his family lived. The fight lasted several days and the Indians finally flushed the folks from the house by setting the roof on fire. The Indians then butchered the folks and left their bodies lay where they fell to the ground.

The old man said that most of the local folks that knew about the history of this old rock house have died and now very few know about the story and the location of the old rock house. He told me that when he was a young boy, most folks avoided the area because of spooky things that happened in that area...screams heard in the night, unexplained gun shots, and the strange feeling that would come over you when in the area of that rock house. The local folks were fearful of the site and stayed clear of it.

I offered to take the old man in my pickup truck to the site, but he became very vocal in stating that he will not ever visit that site...you could hear the fear in his voice. As his grand daughter, a neighbor four doors down across the street from us, was helping him into the car for the trip back to the nursing home, he looked at me and told me to be careful if I decided to visit that site. As they headed down the street, I was thinking to myself....If the weather is nice this coming weekend, I may load the thermos of coffee and camera into one of the saddle bags and head north into the Texas Hill Country and investigate this story. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

always interesting to hear about these places. Take your detector? Could be some very nice artifacts.

n/t

i do get more where i am due to the higher altitude. 5 miles away down at the beach they get very little.
I like my mountain area:thumbup:

It is so nice, I will go detecting in the lake later this week. Gotta try for some more gold. :):

fair winds

Mikie

a mighty interesting story. I wish I was there to go with you for sure. If I were you I would strap a tector on that bike too.

If you get kilt by a ghost, try to get some pictures first and it has been nice having you around:thumbup:

with a couple inches when I left Roscommon and it is gonna snow every day until Thanksgiving day up there.

I had to come down because my mom had D & C at the hospital, cripe she is 92 :( everything seems to be ok thought and I am going back up in a couple days. I guess I will be coming back down to spend Thanksgiving with Mary next week.

If you see my dead Uncle....tell him he still owes me $50!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

n/t

at the same time, I think it best to play it safe by not doing anything that would pizz one off. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)