Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does Anyone Miss Having Target ID numbers?

FatCat1

I am thinking about adding a new detector to the 2500. Is numeric target ID important?

It's not really important. I guess it is really just a personal preference. I like the Garrett LCD scale, but numeric scales are fine. Back when I was swingin' an Explorer, I always prefered the smartfind screen to the numeric, but in the past I've used machines with numeric scales only, too. It's not really necesarry, though(in my opinion). Best of luck to ya, whichever machine you decide to add to you're arsenal.:biggrin: Happy Hunting!:)

Hi, some people is born with the gift of fine hearing, what I call "musical ear". most of the people are able to classify and remenber the tones of each sound in the range. For the few of us that are unable to do that, it is usefull to see the screen and read the corresponding number. It is easier to memorize and remember a number rather than a sound. It is really a matter of convenience. For me, I would be lost without ID numbers. I have a Minelab Quattro which uses multitones, but I always have an eye on the screen to make sure that the beeping is worth digging or not.

Like Manaba said, somepeople have a real nack for hearing the sound and IDing
the target. I prefer the Target ID on the screen. Since I have a huge hearing loss I really
need the Target ID's.
Katz