Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does anyone know how to convert a Sovereign XS to alkaline batteries? THANKS

The XS has a wire that connect to the battery pack like the original Sovereign, it had the drop in on the XS2 and the XS2a.
The Y adapter to use the alkaline in the XS is still in the Minelab price list and you will also need 2 of the battery holders also. The Y adapter and battery holders should be around $17-$22 while a new rechargeable pack is around $40 and any Minelab dealer should be able to order it for you, if not give me a E Mail and i will see what I can do for you as I have a used XS in right now that has a new alkaline battery set up I can borrow.

Rick

Sov fan is showing the correct accessory for the sovereign. I recently had to hunt down this piece to replace 2 bad recharge packs. These are tough to get , I personally contacted 4 separate dealers and only one of them even "knew" what I was looking for . He had 2 strips and did not know if he would get more because of minelab order and supply problems with "older" models. Needless to say I bought both from him and they cost $ 7.95 each .

I love my sovereign but feel minelab has left lots of users wondering how we can maintain our machines. I personally have changed bad switches and finished 180 METER MOD (Superior to stock readout)

I believe one should be somewhat ready to breakout soldering gun when necessary and "hopefully" not have to ship to minelab.

Relicpro shows the correct one for a XS, the one Sovereign-Fan shows is for the XS2 or the XS2a which is the one you may have. Both of these are available from a Minelab dealer, either they may have some in stock or can order them in.
I feel why some dealers don't know what you are talking about is they sell the Minelabs detectors where the proffit is and not the little things that have a very small proffit, next time check with a full service dealer like those that are sponsors of these forums as I feel you will get some great service and correct answers to your questions.

The Sovereigns are some fantastic detectors aren't they?

Rick