Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does anyone have any tips on the M6?

Congratulations on the M6, it's a great machine.... Initially you will find out that the M6 is noisey but slow the coil down some and give yourself a few days and you'll only start to hear the audio you want to and you won't pay much attention to the other. Start by going to a place where there is a plenty of targets like a school playground and see what the machine is trying to tell you. Don't crank it wide open just yet, that will just amplify the audio...If the target is questionable, dig it and listen to the audio and watch the meter..... Best to you and happy hunting , Richardntn
Backwoods Detector Sales

Congrat's on the new M6, truly one great machine. Took mine out last Sunday to the local High School, walked about 30 feet and hit a 14k gold man's wedding band, hunted for about an hour and started back to the car and hit a ladies 14k wedding band. Went to another school last night after work, ground balanced started swinging and my very first hit, another 14k mans wedding band. In the past month I have found 6 gold rings, 2 10K and 4 14k. Since I got the M6 at the end of February, I have found 14 gold pieces of jewelry and about the same for silver jewelry, and this is at school's that get hunted hard. I have also been digging older coins deeper than with any other detector I have ever used. I set mine at the factory recommended Disc at 2 and Sens at 80. I set the ground track in the track position. When I get a deep target I will turn the sens to max, it makes a big difference. Enjoy and may the MATRIX be with you! HH:super:

Richard, the M6 is actually a real quite machine. It's a lot quieter than a MXT, probably about the same as my Deleon unless you run it at max sensitivity, than it pops on just about every mineral in the ground. I have found that sweep speed really doesn't effect the performance at all, and it is a nice feature of the M6 that you can slow way down in trash and not lose any depth.

I have been saying this to all who listen........the M6 is an awesome gold jewelry hunter..........best on gold I've ever owned and in 35 yrs of dtecting I've owned over 40 units.

I have owned over the years, the XLT,DFX and the MXT.I purchased the new M6 based on it having the circuitry of the MXT without the prospecting,relic mode. I have to say due to the ease of use and performance over all I prefer it over the others listed above due to the fact I am mainly a coin shooter. I hunt a lot in old iron infested sites where old lease houses have been torn down. I find that slowing the swing speed down and locking the GB or tracking really smooths things out in this environment. The detector performs well with the 6x10DD and the 5.3 Eclipse coils in trash, iron trash or junkie sites. I just recently pulled a 1943 silver dime and 2 Indian heads 1872,1910 and a few wheat cents from the late 1920s out of a well hunted iron infested site from the late 1800 with the M6. I really liked my MXT but did not use the prospecting and relic mode, therefore I have to say for coin & jewelry hunting I give a thumbs up to the M6 over the MXT.The bottom line is the M6 does what a coin & jewelry machine should do with simplicity, performance and depth with a great ground tracking system without all the complicated programing of the XLT and the DFX.

EDITED 6-19-06 (My MISTAKE) the Indian Head I listed as a 1910 was a 1902 I got it confused with a different coin.

Take Care Everyone,
Bill G

M6 is a great machine. Used mine at a competion hunt yesterday, it did fine. congrads to bill for all the rings. HH

You said:
"I just recently pulled a 1943 silver dime and 2 Indian heads 1872,1910."

They stopped making IH cents in 1909. If you found one that is dated 1910, you found a "one of a kind".
HH

Randy

[quote Digger]You said:
"I just recently pulled a 1943 silver dime and 2 Indian heads 1872,1910."

They stopped making IH cents in 1909. If you found one that is dated 1910, you found a "one of a kind".
HH

Randy[/quote]

My MISTAKE, your right I confused the date with another coin it was a 1902

Take care
Bill G

I have had my M6 for about 2 months.. took it to 2 competitions and did pretty good. I just got the 4x6 eclipse coil for trash and it is great.