Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does anyone have a Tejon that will air test a nickel at 16"

Relicpro

I have heard of some Tejons that test really hot. My Tejon air tests a nickel at 13"-13.5". I am strictly a relic hunter and every little bit counts. I think that a unit that tests at 16" on a nickel just might be up there with my Nautilus. If I can find a Tejon that is 3" deeper than mine I need to start looking for one.
Thanks
Robert

I hardly ever post but I've seen posts on other forums stating that the Tejon user finds Quarters 18"-22" deep every day. I've also seen other posts stating its prowess in finding goodies through nails.

One unfortunate aspect of this is the silence of dealers who know better but refuse to set the record straight.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way you are correct in stating that there are some Tejons which are 'hotter' than others. This has been a long established fact with Tesoro detectors.

I think you are right about who has the detector as far as the air test are concerned. BUT in the ground will be an entirely different test. I have used a few detectors and experience will tell you that if you get half the distance in the ground as the air test, you will do fine. Clay

Mine gives a signal on a nickle at 15".

is it just an occasional chirp? I can whip a nickel back and forth across the coil of my Tejon at 15" and get an occasional chirp. I can't get what I would call a diggable signal till I get down to around 13" though.
Thanks
Robert

It's a signal I would dig. I get an occasional signal at 17". The odd thing is I only get about 13" on a clad quarter. I'll try a silver quarter and see what it I get.

Here's a question..If Tejons and a couple of other detectors are getting such outrageous depth, why buy a PI? All those nugget hunters out there with Minelab SD's and garbage can lid sized coils have a hard time getting that kinda depth. They outta save $4000 and get a Tejon (or Explorer, or, or..). ..Willy.

[quote willy]Here's a question..If Tejons and a couple of other detectors are getting such outrageous depth, why buy a PI? All those nugget hunters out there with Minelab SD's and garbage can lid sized coils have a hard time getting that kinda depth. They outta save $4000 and get a Tejon (or Explorer, or, or..). ..Willy.[/quote]

GOOD point Willy. Due to exaggerations I think there's a special place in perdition prepared for fishermen and THers...lol!

Actually it's not so much about raw depth as it is consistent processing of signal data down to a necessary depth. Some machines process a given piece of ground better than others. But then the best machine in the hands of someone who doesn't understand its language is not much better than a willow stick.

Zeb

That's why, every year, I hit a certain freshwater beach and pull up silver. Turns out that, due to mineral salts (intensive agriculture)and magnetite, almost any target deeper than 3-4" starts reading as iron or gives broken signals. Everyone leaves the good stuff for Willy! ..Willy.

Sometimes a detector can't get even 1/3 of air tests. Many times local trash target masking can make it so a detector that air tests 15 inches on a quarter can't detect it buried 6 inches deep.

But I have also seen it go the other way too. Sometimes we get more depth on a buried target than we do in an air test.

Treasure hunting with a metal detector really isn't a simple subject.

Zeb