Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does anyone have a BH 505

I see them all over ebay but checked First Texas web site and the 505 is not listed. I did a search on this forum, no luck. Is this a ghost detector? I checked at Kelly and they carry them. Does anyone have the scoop? Not that kind of scoop ! You know the 411.
Thanks
BCBob

Sorry Bob I don't know much about the 505.Like you said kellyco has them on sale for $189 in the scatch and dent section.anyone else ever use one?
pat

The Pioneer 505 was made by Bounty Hunter to be marketed by Wal Mart. They have been discontinued. Some outlets still have a supply of them until they sell out. It is the same detector as the Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter 2 except for the fact that the SS2 does not have a depth indicator. I have a 505 and it is a good detector.

Hi Bob, As one of the earlier posts said, it's a Bounty Hunter made for Walmart. I bought one off Ebay and it seems like a lot of machine for the price(It was used and I paid $85). I really like mine - good depth, good discrimination, light and easy to swing.

I have one wife and I used it for ever it has been a great detector we have found a lot of good stuff with it .I got lucky and found it at a pawn shop and bought it for $50.00 we had to replace the plastic bolt at the coil still have it and it works great.We know have 3 other Detectors that we use and would not think of letting go of it. Mike

The 505 is one of the better "Muffler" style detectors from BH. I like mine for the no-motion pin-point feature. No need to cut a plug for coins, just set the discrimination to reject iron, find a target/coin and switch to all-metal no motion. The target is in the center of the coil every time. I pop the coin out with a long shank flat blade screw driver. It leaves a slit in the grass that you just step on and it's gone! The 505 comes with a dvd to get you started. If you buy one from e-bay or the pawn shop First Texas will send the dvd at no charge. Here is a link to a new one for sale right here on this site. It comes with a pinpointer too.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?44,859583

HH, twalton

I have had mine for six years and it works very well, there 4 inch gold nugget coil that comes with the 505 really does pickup gold! I ran some of my placer infront of it and it sounded off in all metal mode, the BH 505 is a little noisy and it is a BH but still a good unit after 6 years of use and no problems, check out the new Teknetics detectors that just came out , they probably work better than the 505..

Thank to everyone responding. I have a much clearer idea of what I bought. Now, I am just waiting to get it and try it out. I did call First Texas and they are sending me a dvd about the machine. I have always used a PI so I have no experience with the VLF or ground balancing. I guess it is time to really learn more about this hobby and the techniques.
Thanks again for the info.
BCBob

To my knowledge, the 505 (Which was the 2nd machine I owned), does not have a manual ground balance knob...it is factory preset, and one of the reasons for me selling it...It did not deal with the soil in my area too well...

HH,

GoGoGopher