Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does anyone else have a recurring dream?:cool:

bdahunter

For years now I have had the same dream that comes to me from time to time, it never varies in the least and though I found it shocking initially it no longer disturbs me the way it did the first time it came to me in my sleep. I'm not trying to be spooky or weird, this is just something that happens to me and I wonder if it happens to anybody else. The dream goes like this:

I see myself lying in an alley, it's raining a light rain that is chilling me and I am wearing several layers of well worn clothes that could use a good washing, it is dark except for a little light from a streetlight at the end of the alley. My belly has a dull ache to it, the ache of hunger but it is dulled from going without food for long periods for a long time - I'm hungry but my body has grown used to it. There is a little refuse on the ground and it smells the way a gutter will, rotting detris and the grime of a city. Somehow, I can tell that I am 73 years old and the hardship of the years is etched into my face but there is still a twinkle in my eye. The world is not a nice place, all of my loved ones are gone or dead, I am alone except for God, he is still with me.
I hear the sound of boots on the cobblestones (it's not asphalt) and a young man in a military uniform appears at the end of the alley, he is carrying an assault rifle and he peers into the alley. I try to make myself invisible but he sees me and a cruel smile comes over his face, he comes towards me, his eyes are cold and dark. I know that I am in serious trouble, we are alone in the alleyway, just me and the cruel, young soldier. I can tell by his features that he is from central america, I speak spanish to him "Beunos Noches, Senor" and a few other bits that my current limited understanding of Spanish makes unintelligible to me. I do realize that I am trying to get this evil soldier to pass me by as I have done in the past but this time it is not working. The soldier says a few words to me in Spanish (or is it Spanglesh) and he lights a cigarette and smiles down at me. He says something else to me as he looks around for witnesses, then he brings the butt of his assault rifle down on my head. I feel my consciousness leaving me and I feel the blood hemhorraging in my brain and I know it is the end of my life. I'm not happy to die but at least the pain isn't too bad I think to myself. I feel very sorry for the world and what it has become, I feel sorry for the cruel, young soldier - he is so young and already so bitter with life.

The dream is always the same and over time I have come to accept it. At first I would wake up with a start, my heart racing, sweat on the sheets and pillow case; but with time I often don't even wake up anymore but I always feel a heaviness in the morning after I have had this dream.

Does this sort of thing happen to anyone else?

Cheers,

Eric

n/t

sure not look forward to bedtime!! That sucks :(

I suppose this might sound a little weird but this dream doesn't upset me anymore. The dream may be prophetic or maybe it is just a dream, who knows it might be my subconscious trying to tell me something.:confused: I do know that if you don't face your fears in this life then you will not amount to much.
One thing I have learned is not to be so money concious, I used to be very money oriented and by some standards I probably still am but happiness right now is what matters most to me. I no longer put off for tomorrow but live right now; tomorrow - sometimes it just never comes.

n/t