Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

does anybody know the answer to this???

findit

the 5.75 coils for the new tesoro's. have you tested the difference between the 5.75 c and the 5.75 dd. do find it necessary to have both for say the vaquero and do you lose some depth with the widescan version. i always understood it that in light to moderate mineralized soil you actually get less depth and discrimination with the widescan. if so in what situation would you use the widescan?

but, you know, I didnt find them to be all that helpful in that environment either. I dont have any DD's anymore, because I dont care for them. I never found them to be that advantageous. Why dont you buy one, try it out, and then tell us if it was worth the money.

J.

Well in theory the DD will work better in an area of high mineralization. It will add better coil coverage toe to heel with each swing. The DD coil will give better separation on targets than is found on a concentric coil of approximately the same size. It does not however have the same depth at the toe and the heel as it has in the center contrary to what some insist. I have used several different DD coils on various make of detectors and only found one I liked and frankly it wasn't a Tesoro. I have also tried DD coils in what was described as "highly mineralized" soil and compared them to the concentric and saw little improvement on depth or the ability of the detector to handle the problem ground. I have not tried all the DD coils on the market but have tried enough to know that they do have their use but it is somewhat limited.
Pap

that's worse than around my home. Very mineralized!

There are some uses for Wide Scan coils, but generally they do NOT get the depth of the concentric coils, they can be a little difficult to pinpoint with (for some), and even the Tesoro MDI's have stated they don't discriminate as well as a concentric coil. Presently, I only have one DD coil on hand, and it is for the Shadow X5. If I had an Explorer SE I'd have the stock DD coil. But other than those two, I personally have no use for a DD coil, and I've used many through the years.

Now, that doesn't mean they don't have a purpose. I would use the 5

I'm with Monte on this one fer sure!! Go with the concentric coil.

HH

GaryL .... :detecting:

DD's ( wide scan ) have a purpose but for general hunting in low to moderate mineralization the concentric wins out. The DD covers more ground ( above and below the ground ) but doesn't discriminate nearly as well as a concentric and they love bottle caps. Since they have no receiving coil for pinpointing this is accomplished by pinpointing off the front center tip of the coil as they detect as deep at either end as they do everywhere else. And as Monte mentioned they work great on gold machines like the Diablo, which I field tested about 137 years ago. :)

Bill