Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does anybody know anything about this type of marble ?

Antique lover

This was found years ago by one of my friends. I have never seen anything like it. There is trees and a log cabin on it. I thought it might be fake so I tried to clean it , BUT it will NOT come off.Anybody have a clue ?

Looks like a homemade marble. Roll some clay around until it's round(somewhat), then set it by the ol' stove.

Those are hand painted clay marbles made in many countries , prob 1800s, some are worth alot of money.

:rofl:Abe looked for that old cabin for along time...

Found this info on a marble collectors site. Hope it's of some help.

Before glass marbles became common, antique marbles were made from ceramics, including clay, stoneware, and china or porcelain. These were first made in America in 1884 by The Akron Toy Company. Prior to 1884 they were imported from Germany.

Billions of the plain clay marbles were made in the USA from 1884 until about 1950. Despite being antiques, they are so common you can sometimes find them in bulk for a few cents each.

On the other hand, certain ceramic marbles are quite collectible. These include the affordable glazed Bennington marbles colored brown, tan or blue, as well as the early "China" marbles that were painted with often intricate line patterns. Especially rare and desirable are the "Pennsylvania Dutch china" marbles from the late 1800s, which feature charming hand painted designs. These can easily fetch more than $500 when they do come up for sale.