Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does ALL METAL setting mean 1 on disc?

all-metal is the same as pin-point. The discrimination (disc) setting is non-affecting.

When the machine is set to Disc, and the setting is at 1, then most IRON is nulled out. The machine goes silent.

If the disc setting is set higher, like to the mid-way point, then any target that is disc'ed out, the machine will null over those targets as well.

When the machine nulls over a target, the return threshold will tell you the type of metal you disc'ed out.

In a nutshell, any machine set to 'all-metal/pinpoint, will make the discriminate circuit non-opperational.

I hope I explained it okay.

What you might want to take into consideration setting disc. on Zero may give you a better chance of picking up a thin gold chain however its a two bladed sword and expect a lot of digging and in the process
the time could have been spent doing more detecting and coming up with a larger gold ring with valuable stones as small chains are usually not worth much unless they are perhaps diamond studded bracelets...Darned if you do and darned if you don't I guess and your call...