Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Docs says all the walking I'm doing now may still be too much for my knees, so he suggested bikes. So last week we got a couple and...

Art SC

...my @ss has been KILLING me ever since! :cry:

But I'm sticking with it so far! :unsure:

I put a picture of it down below. Shelle has the one you see with the back rest. Mine looks the same, but no back rest. It falls into some category they now call a "Comfort Bike Path" bicycle. These things are getting more and more like sports shoes. :blink:

Anyway...

The Trek "Sole Ride" is a "comfort" bike for heavy folks just trying to get into biking. It lets you firmly plant your feet on the ground any time you like while still sitting in the seat and offers all the "ergonomic luxuries of modern cycling technology." In other words you can set your feet down like you did with your little tricycle when you start wobblin' all over the place. :shrug:

Frankly, when we're riding we sorta look like we're on "choppers" from Easy Rider the way the handlebars are high and the pedals are out in front of you instead of directly below like on other bikes. The helmets just sitting like round lampshades on our heads probably detract from the tough "biker" image, though.

They do have these plush suspension forks up front to eat up the bumps and vibrations and a fairly cushy saddle (if we had normal butts) that "provides the perfect perch." Which would be great if I was a Dodo bird, I suppose.

They also have "7 twist-shift gears" that supposedly "take the huffing and puffing out of hills." Frankly, I wish they'd just help take out the "huffing and puffing" out of the level ride I take around the pond right now. I didn't know my face could get that red without an 8 hour sunburn! :veryangry:

Three laps around the pond equals a mile! So far I'm up to 6 laps before my hands and butt go numb and I get tunnel vision! :stars:

I sure do hope those tires don't blow out before I lose more weight... :blink:

[attachment 24073 SoleRide100.JPG]

This is what mine looks like and YES...they're the same size in real life!

[attachment 24072 trek_soleride100_darksil_06_m.jpg]

is kind of awkward,keep at it,6 miles ain't bad,i know i don't have to tell you that droppin that weight will help your joints.

new bikes this year as well. One thing to watch out for is numb crotch. No, I'm not talking about Royal standing in the middle of the road, if the seat isn't set up just right or the angle in which you lean forward isn't matched well to the seat angle, you can experience this. It's not a good thing. I rode the Oregon coast twice and on the second ride I went through this (not sure why as I hadn't changed a thing). Play with that seat angle adjustment. Just a warning. I can't think of a more enjoyable workout than a bike ride. New scenery all the time and hopefully plenty of sun (all with very low impact on the joints). Way to go!

I had to get a wider one for my bike, found a pretty good one in the local w-mart. Of course the bike shop has em for about ten times as much :lol:

I don't really ride them,i kinda collected them a few years ago.I have a couple of Schwinn cruisers also. RJ

n/t