Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

doc::choice

A lot of guys had real good success with the Whites MXT.

Personally, if I ever went there again I know what I would take.

Considering these factors.

1. The place is loaded with trash.
2. You are looking for a trophy nugget, forget the 1 grammers, you can get those anywhere.
3. You want to process a lot of ground, this is a game of percentages, the more ground you cover the greater the chance you will find gold.
4. You want something that will go relatively deep, deeper than MXT's or Gold Bugs.

For these reasons I would use a Sovereign machine with a meter and a COILTEK 15 inch WOT coil.

1. The Soverign kicks butt on discrimination. It absolutly eliminates iron trash with no problem. If you get a negative number on the meter, it is iron trash.

2. The Sovereign will not detect a nugget until it gets to be the size of a button or larger. It will hit a 1 ouncer at around 15 inches, with a 15 inch WOT coil. It also produces a low tone on gold, and a numerical reading around 145 or so.

3. The WOT coil will give you maximum coverage on each swing, and great depth.

4. The WOT coil Sovereign combination will give you more depth than the MXT or the GB by many times. BUT you have to be content to only find large gold, because it will not find the little stuff.

The Sovereign is a simple and inexpensive machine, and you can hip mount the control box.

To be, this would be the DUCKS NUTZ at Gaines Creek.

Take care!

DOC

I'm a big proponent of using what you know works.

A trip to GANES is an expensive proposition, I would never use such an expensive trip to experiment with something I had no positive input on.

BCOT!

DOC