Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

dobbie, heres me doing a little prospecting............

Greg from Mi.

Our land has an old dump back on it. I think it belonged to the 1870 home thats two doors down when they owned a large peice of land. Now there 5 acre squares. Two winters ago I filled a 55 gal plastic drum with dirt from the dump and in the winter I sifted it in my shop. Only found one small whole bottle and lots of parts. Also found a small button.
Greg

from the way you are hunkered over that maybe you need longer legs on it. My back is killing me looking at ya bent over like that. Where's the pain pills for the old back?

Nice device - does it break down or if ya travelled it would lie down inside your vehicle on its side?

is prospectin'

[attachment 92750 1STGOLD037Small.jpg]

[attachment 92751 DSCF0023Small.JPG]

[attachment 92752 1STGOLD132Small.jpg]

[attachment 92754 1STGOLD105Small.jpg]

Here's Janet workin the sluice i made fer her.

[attachment 92755 1STGOLD050Small.jpg]
Our local gold aint big by any means but it's GOLD.

[attachment 92756 12-26-06160Small.jpg]

Don't worry 'bout where yer at dobbie, there is gold EVERYWHERE. it's jist bigger and more abundant in some places.

thanks for all the pics guys. i really like the rig ya got set up Greg. wouldnt mind having one of those for myself. I use to gold pan alot to Jim. but have stopped about 4 years ago due to i dont know what. would love to get out and pan again. the biggest nugget i have ever found was the size of my pinky nail. i was out about a quarter of the way into the american river over in coloma, right where sutter foiund the first gold, i moved a big boulder from the bottom and got some dirt from there. swished it around in my pan and found the nugget. but then my kids were fighting on the shore and my husband at the time was busy doing who knows what, so i turned to see whats going on and i tipped my pan...:cry: say bye bye to my only nugget found.....:nopity:

Janet and i would love to fond one that big. Our are allways like the little ones in Steves pic, the ones on the right at the bottom :lol:
Jist as soon as this beautiful wife o' mine gots back on her feets i'm sure we'll be swingin coils and runnin our sluice.

Think she likes her sluice i made fer her ? :biggrin:

[attachment 92764 1STGOLD024Small.jpg]

n/t

wonderful pic of the wife.... that sluice is awesome. you made that? i want one of those to. used to have one but it disappeared with my pans...magyar prospecting is just as addicting as MDing. next time your in cali I will take you out to try our luck.

Congrats to dobbie and all of you who get out and try your hand at prospecting! Ma, might have been able to do some of that when younger, but forget about me doing it now! I couldn't raise up and down to pan or use a sluice......as my legs are too weak......have a difficult time getting up and down stairs unless I use the railing to help pull myself up and keep me safe from falling as I go down! My time has come and gone for all that thar prospecting for dat dar gold! :lol: Nice pics Greg and keeps ya busy doing what you like during the winter! And Jim those are nice pics of you and Jan and I like the sluice you made for her! Hope all of you keep on, keepin' on for Jesus and finding the goodies and the gold when MDing or Prospecting!

Getting out together and enjoying the outdoors is great also! Be good to each other and I pray you and Jan are on your way to healing and feeling much, much better! :)

God Bless! :angel:
Betty

When most people say prospecting they mean looking for natural gold!
What Greg was doing is more like screening dump debris for treasure. they both are fun! :)