Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Do you use the Custom Mode on your Ace 250???

Out shooting in the parks and school grounds today I decided to try the custom mode setting and see what I could find. BINGO :clapping:(the sound it makes when you have it set in that mode....And I didn't have to dig or anything. It was sitting right on top of the bark under the jungle gym equipment.:lmfao:

Rosco I don't quite get your excitement over "custom mode". You must be joking! Unless you've modified it, custom mode is identical to coin mode by default.

I do use custom mode on my ACE. I generally keep it set for dimes and everything to the right on the discrimination scale. I typically use it after I'm tired of digging all day and I only want to dig qimes and quarters (with an occasional penny ir silver jewelry thrown in). I find it to be a very relaxing and productive way to wrap up a day of hunting.

[quote FrankG]Rosco I don't quite get your excitement over "custom mode". You must be joking! Unless you've modified it, custom mode is identical to coin mode by default.
You just don't know me enough do you.:rofl:

<<< do use custom mode on my ACE. I generally keep it set for dimes and everything to the right on the discrimination scale. I typically use it after I'm tired of digging all day and I only want to dig qimes and quarters (with an occasional penny ir silver jewelry thrown in). I find it to be a very relaxing and productive way to wrap up a day of hunting.>>>

being a newbie to the Ace 250 how do you set it as described above?

thanks

Rosco: The custom mode is just what it says. You can set it up with different discrimination settings and when you turn the unit off or when you prefer to use the program you have set up it is there. The program you put in it will not change unless you change it.

You mean it has one?! :shrug:

Just kidding. What I do is hunt in jewelry mode mostly and just accept or reject targets that are pesky - in essence I create a custom mode.

The only time I've deliberately used the custom feature was when I was looking for an earring once for a lady. She had the mate and so I just set the notch on my 1250 for that earring and one notch to each side.

Do what you want Rosco, no matter what your level of excitement! You're new to this and most of us are rather jaded, having been at it for awhile. We could all share a little in your enthusiasm.:wiggle: