Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Do you still use your FBS detector?

Ted S

As the title says...Do you still use an FBS machine? It is pretty soggy around here so I will wait a bit for it to dry. I got out the Explorer SE this morning and was comparing tones on different coins. The SE makes a real nice tone on silver compared to my Equinox 600. I can see using my 600 in very trashy areas but was thinking that as long as I am feeling well to play around with the SE in some fields and parks. If I get too achy I can get the 600 back out. What say yee? Ted

Ted, I still have my Exp II and plan to use it, but I am still trying different things on the 800. I feel some silvers did sound to good to pass up similar to the ferrous tones on the Explorer.
Similar but not exactly. Still trying to find the correct settings for me.i still miss the display screen for some targets; bottle caps hit lower right corner.

I bought a harness for around 25 dollars and it works for me. Arm fatigue has gone away while swinging.

Best of luck and I hope others post thier thoughts.

Tony NJ

I still have both my Etrac & CTX, plan on keeping & using them also (along with the E800).-----One at a time of course! :)

Only taken my Safari out 1 time since I got the Equinox. It felt so top heavy and cumbersome compared to the nox. Also the recovery speed is so much faster I don't know if I go back now. Guess I'll keep it as a back up

I do mostly surf hunting and my back up is beach hunting.
Used my Excal II for 6 yrs and it was good. Recently had to replace battery cable.
Used my CTX 3030 for 2 1/2 yrs and it is great.
Just received my NOX 800 in mail today.
After using my CTX 3030, my Excal became my back up machine (and when I needed it it failed).
Presently expecting the Nox to be my back up machine and the Excal to be my back up back up machine.
We'll see.

Happy Hunting

Gold-9
Silver-33
Coins-1670

I occasionally go over a spot I've hunted with the NOX to see if I missed anything. Although its not tried and true ,but I occasionally find a coin I missed with the NOX. For this to be a legitimate comparison I would have to grid every sq inch on a horizontal and vertical axis and according to different moisture levels.

I still keep my CTX for back-up and GPS use, but the EQX is now my work-horse.

I also have an Etrac, CTX and a EQ800... The EQ is a dig and beep machine (dig it all). The CTX is still king With it a I can only dig silver. Also I can tell between an Indian cent, wheat cent, copper cent and then the zinc cent. So if you want to dig everything the EQ is for you. If you are on fancy lawn the CTX will cherry pick the best finds. my honest opinion...