Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Do you spend the coins and sell the rings????

In my first two months of detecting I have $51 in coins and two rings worth about 80 bux. (worth and sell for are two different things of course).

I can keep saving the coins to buy a new car or a case of beer now.:cheers: The rings? I'd like to keep them but if the price was right I could put the money aside..

What do you do???

I am new enough at the hobby that I still want to keep them all, after all they will not depreciate.

I think most of us that have been detecting a long time like to display our older coins and jewelry in display cases for show and tell.

I had saved up the clad I had found and upgraded to a better metal detector which has definitely increased my finds. I keep any gold and silver jewelry or silver coins I find.

Exactly what I had in mind. I'm going to make a shadow box of sorts and put the neat stuff there. The coins I might save for awhile then find something to buy myself. Other wise, it's just chump change.....

Spend the money, hoard the rings like a leprechaun over his pot of gold (muwahahaha).

Seriously, I roll the coinage and then spend it when I want - or like some of the really disciplined types, save it for a gold coin at the end of the year.

I put all the rings and other jewelry I find in a little drawer and pull them out from time to time, late at night when everyone is asleep and Im all alone with my precious little beauties....er, well ahem, you get the idea.:look:

Old coins get saved.

New coins get spent on whatever.

Pennies buy yearly coin. Gold coin #12 (or #13???) coming up soon.

Rings go into curio cabinet with other great finds.

Yeah I'm to stingy to sell my rings. I've given a few away as gifts. I've probably got about 300. Been on a dry spell for awhile and haven't found squat in the ring department. I've still got the first silver coin I found 43 years ago. Course back then it was still the coin of the realm and wasn't worth anything.

Bill