Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Do you save you junk scrap metal?

relic-hunter

I have a large bin in the back of my small suv that holds my junk metal finds, i know most metals are not really worth much, but does anyone save their bottle caps, pulls tabs etc, etc? I hate to just toss it in the trash and have it end up in a landfill somewhere. I figure I have steel, aluminum, tin, copper and some iron.

Ken

I save it all. And when I have enough, I cash them in at the local recycler. Puts a little gas in once in a while. HH Joe:super:

personally,the bottle caps and pull tabs etc.i usually toss but thats not to say that you couldn't save them,they are worth their weight.i usually end up saving all the relic looking peices rusty iron,lead,etc.and it is these peices that my wife is very displeased with,ha ha

i sure do! got 60 bucks this past spring for my scrap brass, copper and stainless. i cash my pile in every spring... sometimes i think 5 gallon buckets and stackable coffee cans are our best friends! hh,

I keep it all till year end then take it to the recycle so it does not wind up back in the ground and its fun to see how much trash I've cleaned up in the parks. Dan

And I give the pulltabs to a guy at work, who donates them to some charity.