Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Do you need to lower sensitivity in Trashy areas?

Sorry for all of the questions , but I just got my T-2 and I'd like the opinion of some experienced T-2 users on a couple of things. Can you run a high sensitivity in trashy areas or do you need to run the sensitivity lower to get better target seperation?? What sensitivity do some of you use in trashy areas?? Thanks again for you help , CoinShooter-Craig

CSC, I run sen. as high as I can all the time. Having a F 75 and the T 2, I, however, am used to hearing everything the coil sees. Being new to the T 2, you may not be, so you may want to use some less sen. just starting out. What I usually do is hold the coil a few feet off the ground and turn the sen. up until it starts to become chattery/unstable, then lower the coil to the ground. Often, just over the ground it become more stable. If not, then I'll lower the Sen. until it does. HH jim tn

Use #75 sensitivity, #22 discrimination, 3 tones, get a good ground balance and you can use a fast sweep. The T2 found old coins at an old schoolyard that I have hunted since 1980. Have used many kinds of machines here and thought it was hunted out. Amazing that such a large coil can find dimes in iron and foil trash.