Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Do you have your FEMA ticket yet?

Royal

[attachment 24435 fema.jpg]

I was going to get mine until I read the small print!! :(

n/t

While in Deweyville Texas, I was making another pass through what's left of their fair city, only to encounter a crotchety old man in the city right-of-way. I pulled over and remembered the area from the week previous.

His entire street was filled with debris that was stacked, pell mell, 10 feet high the entire length of the city block...all of it being next to his property.

My trucks went in there and took it all away in about six hours. I was just coming back through checking on their quality of work.

Expecting maybe a "thank you," I got out of my rental Trail Blazer and approached. The closer I got the more I could see this was not going to be a pleasant conversation. The old guy was livid!

The stalked over to me all stiff legged and looking like he had been sucking on a lemon. I greeted him and before I could get that greeting out fully, he lit in. "I'll tell you one damn thang, your damn trucks and bobcats just laid waste to this place. Just LOOK! Hell, I can't even MOW this right-of-way the way you left it. What the hell's wrong with you anyway???"

I looked at him, attempting to figure what small voices he had been listening to and said, "Sir, last week you could even SEE your precious right-of-way. I am in the debris removal business, not landscaping. If you have a problem, here's my boss's number. Have a great day in Jesus."

Well, he looked like I had smacked him with at 2 by 4 twixt the ears...for a moment. He drew in breath and started again. I asked him if he would have felt better about it all if he had been required to pay a few thousand dollars to have it hauled away. Abruptly I excused myself and departed with, "I must address a few more residents of your lovely city today. Tell me. Are they all belligerent in nature, or is it just you?"

I didn't give him chance to respond. I turned and mounted up, turned back to him, possum smiled at him and said "Good day, sir."

Don't get me wrong. There were uncounted hundreds of wonderful, broken, thankful people down there...and I remember many of them. But your post reminded me of one of FEW bad apples encountered during the Texas mission.

Have a great day.<><

aj