Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

do you gise dig every sound you hear?

so, you cats hunt in all metal mode all the time...you must dig 1000% more junk than coins...right? also, where do you live to find all those old coins NH BOB? up north? here in Texas you cant find stuff like that, the oldest coin i have found was a 1853 seated quarter. shoot, i have been out for 8 days straight now and have only found about 10 Wheaties. sometimes i think people who post stuff are full of them selfs and cant find coins so have to put fake pics that they pulled off of Google to put on.... not saying you did.. but ARGHH! im just so frustrated about not finding anything like that... shoot, not even a murc. and i go out EVERY DAY! should i just dig EVERY SOUND!? doesn't that get frustrating?, pulling out junk, after junk? im getting to the point to where i dig more and more iffy sounds.. but my crummy little ACE 250 just makes the signal disappear after i dig it up....
sorry
just venting
nice finds BOB, where do you live?

The key word is hunting. The person that just walks into the woods on opening mornig has very low odds of shooting da big buck. He still has a slim chance it could run right smack into him and the gun goes off. But the hunter that plans the hunt and works at it will have better results, generaly. I am not saying you don't plan, but take a look in the local historical society and see where the old farms were. Look in the local library for old picture albums of your area. If I went out and shot a Pope and Young buck everytine I went out hunting, the fun would be gone. I would get board of it real fast. Now that I know the detector and what it can do. I don't think about clad anymore unless I am short of coffee change. I search out the older areas and dig all most all. For me, old artifacts are almost as nice as older coins- pre 1900. I don't find that many but the few I have found make it worth while. Last week I was thrilled with the hand made axe head I pulled up, It tells a story. I wonder if the guy swinging the axe ducked for cover when the head flew off, and how long did he look for it after it went airborn in the woods? I found a copper comb something also. No idea, but it was fun to find.

jimb SE WI
good luck

some places I hunt it pays to dig everything, some places I hunt it pays to cherry pick because you will have more goodies at the end of the day if you don't dig 30000 pieces of junk. Tomorrow I'm hunting a field that used to be a mid 1800s homesite and believe me, I'm digging every signal that isn't iron. I'll even dig the larger iron signals because I love the iron relics like Jimb was talking about.
You just have to figure out if a site is worth cleaning up or not.
Many are.
HH
Neal

I only dig what I want to dig and I don't dig it all just so I have a reason to go back.

Like bullet slugs and casings tickle me. I once found a 45 slug with rifling groves in the Sonic Tot lot. A 50 cal intact rifle round on campus ground, while .22 casings abound at the court house and all around.

The Garrett Ace 250 or do you use an Explorer? A little more info would greatly be appreciated. And what kind of sites are you hunting at? Old Parks, Balldiamonds, etc.? Good Luck and HH.:detecting:

well, i have always used garretts but im about to get a F75, i know that those ACE250s arn't really made for deep dive'n, but my last detector was a GTA 1000, it was a good machine, i have also used other garretts.

Sorry to hear of your misfortunes. I do not hunt in all metal. Where in Texas are you? I too live in Texas and get out about 2 hours a week. I have been in Texas 8 months and have found 10 silvers one being my first ever silver half dollar. Wheaties I have found near 100. My best guess is you are due. Good luck.

The reason you are not finding real old coins is that they are not as plentiful there. You should be hunting CW relics and the like. You will find an occasional seated silver or even some half or 2 Reales. Be patient and do some research.