Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Do you folks want to see a big fish tooth? .............

Kelley (Texas)

This shark fish tooth was given to me many years ago by my Grandmother. She was always good to me and was one of my best friends when I was growing up. I do not know where she got it from, but I remember the day that she gave it to me...I had stopped by there on the way home from school to help my Grandfather with some chores around the place. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

[attachment 114864 sharktooth.jpg]

no serrations on the tooth that i can see so may be an uncommon Shark or even a fossilized Shark tooth being so dark?

n/t

only part of them that remain. The Sharks don't have bones, just cartilage and there are no fossils left of them. Some of the teeth are three times as big as these. Can you imagine how big those suckers were?:surprised:

[attachment 114886 IMG_8566_1.jpg]

I went detecting and also my daughters home was built on and ancient sea bed. The part that help us find them as they had dug these 8 foot deep 12 foot wide draingage ditches and you could walk them in the winter and find them sticking out of the sides, or just start scraping and find them. Summer, to many snakes in those trenches...

Here is a good link to what kind they usually are.

http://www.megalodonteeth.com/html/about.html

Adn I'll attach a picture of a few I found and small lobster.... These still show the serated edges....

the lobster in the middle is a Mangrove Lobster. According to the guy I hunted with, who lived there and did this all the time, it was a 10,000 year old from a holocene period. Beats me.... He would see stuff no one else would. Lot of whale bones would come up and a lot of smaller teeth, which he showed me how to get them at the shoreline also. I used to bring home cans of them and give them to my daughter Janeen. She made shark teeth neckless with them and sold them at the art and crafts shows. Fact she mentioned she was getting down on them. I don't go there much now with Heidi back here so she may have to talk to my buddy down there and see if he can help her out. This guy was great tohunt with as he knew what he was doing and looking at and it was like having a talking history book with you. Really smart guy and I guess he did show and tell lectures at the U of SC, which was just up the road from Heidi's.

Like Royal, some of them are really big. I saw some in the 4 inch range and he said he had seen bigger and parts of what would have been bigger yet. Fun hobby hunting for them.

George

I imagine there has been a bit of erosion. I mean, what the heck, the rocky mountains have eroded in that length of time, why not a tooth? :D

were they find those sharks teeth. My neighbor is from there he was telling me about it. He said people would find them as big as there hand sometimes, but most of the time they would the smaller teeth.