Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Do this at home not in a park:hot:

Working my own back yard (actually I rent so it doesn't matter) I did my best to put this patch back as to not hurt the lawn. A couple of weeks later here is what happened. Just goes to show how careful we need to be when working parks and such.....

That's why if I have to cut a plug I cut a conical plug or I just cut a slit in the ground, fish the coin out, and step on the slit and close it up.

Bill

I have tenants that rent and the old "I rent so it doesnt matter..." bit hurts! Ouch!

That sort of fine grass doesnt tolerate plugging too well. I try to do what Bill says or use the flap technique in such places.

Just tell your landlord the neighbors dog must have pee'd on it..:rant:

[quote DavHut]I have tenants that rent and the old "I rent so it doesnt matter..." bit hurts! Ouch![/quote]

I was kidding on that part.:surrender: I have spent a lot of time with that lawn this summer getting in much better shape than it ever was. Landlord also sprayed for weeds and put fert. I did try to do a slice and fold back but that didn't work on some other spots either. Must be the grass as was said. I'm sure it will grow back next spring. And I don't have a dog and the yard is fenced so I can't blame it on that either.:cry:

I have tried carrying a sport bottle filled with a water/fert mix to squirt on plugs, but I cant swear as to how effective it is.

[quote Rosco Bookbinder][quote DavHut] And I don't have a dog and the yard is fenced so I can't blame it on that either.:cry:[/quote]
A BIG dog jumped the fence, end of story.....:jump:

Put a little fertilizer on it and water the :rant: out of it. Next time don't cut a complete circle plug, cut a horseshoe shape, and just roll the flap back.

[quote digitrich]Put a little fertilizer on it and water the :rant: out of it. Next time don't cut a complete circle plug, cut a horseshoe shape, and just roll the flap back.[/quote]

I have tried both. Seems the lawn in my side yard doesn't like people digging around...