Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Do the people at Whites read this Forum

jolin376200

I was wondering if anyone know if the people from Whites read any of the posts in this forum and try to base new products and take any of the peoples opinion from here. If worked at Whites this would be the first place i would look for Ideas and suggestions on new or old thing what do you think.

Yes, Steve Howard commented on the 950 coil post. White's is very active on many of Finds forums.

Yes...however White's doesn't interfere, lead, corral, dominate, dictate, or milk, any of the forums. White's is OK with the fact this is often not others position.

Forums greatest benefit is in their absolute independence and free speech, good and bad, shared opinions and not. It's all good.

White's respects and is sensitive to the fact forums are best when detector users talk and share with other detector users. Our only intention is in adding to and enhancing such benefits.

As fast and efficient as forums are... patience is still required. People, when upset... often say things they don't mean in person and on forums, only later to come back with a more reasonable thought. Jumping in quick is often like poring gas on a fire!

The level of comradeship and ability to share knowledge and experience is truly wonderful!

Howard

It is amazing to me how mean people can be on any forum. They seem to forget that they are talking to other people.
I think we all need to take a deep breath and read what we are getting ready to post before hitting that button. If it seems mean
or nasty we need to delete and start over.
The other side of that coin is that many people are amazingly generous and nice to total strangers. For the improved communications
across the board the forums are wonderful

HH, Don

In that amazingly generous column goes all of the White's staff that I have dealt with from advertising to engineering and from distribution to customer service. White's level of communication with their customers is unsurpassed not only in the field of Metal Detecting, but in ANY retail business I am familiar with. A BIG :thumbup: to White's.

Thing with forums is what a person says can be so easily misinterpreted. "Mean" can run the gamut from someone having poor typing skills to someone being downright brutal. ( Thankfully the latter is in the minority and are the easiest to deal with.)

I'm just going to go into an a story that makes a perfect analogy here. One time I and a buddy were driving between Seattle and Tacoma. This "JERK" is kinda pacing me on the right, while I'm in the far left lane. He keeps looking over his shoulder and keeps trying to FORCE me off the road!!!! Soon he heads to the far right shoulder and pulls off the road quick!! My buddy and I were HOT!! In we pull behind him and...this guy literally falls out of his car (almost throwing up). A BEE had flown into his mouth and his "looking over his shoulder" was actually him trying to spit the bee out while it was tearing him a new one! He was FREAKING OUT!!! I happened to have some Benedryl, gave it to him and we all had one good laugh...once things settled down.

A healthy forum has to have good communication and a good dose of "Benedryl" occasionally. People around here try to work things out very well. Folks are very generous here!

Much easier to misunderstand than to understand.

Reminds me of a funny TV commercial, one of those candy bar, need a minute?

Lady says to a surfer looking dude, "You are the father of one of my kids"!

Surfer dude, shocked, awkward, "Cancoon, Spring break 1997"?

Rewinds... Surfer dude takes a minute for his candy bar, "Yes, your my daughter's teacher".

Made me laugh!

Howard

White's engineering lurks as well, as best we can. There are a lot of forums to keep track of!

- Carl@Whites

Question for Whites? My DFX is over 2 years old. The other day the computer locked up. I left the machine on and then pulled out the battery, waited a couple of minutes and then put the battery back in and then fired up the machine. It seems to work ok but just wonder if I should send it in and spend some bucks to have it checked out? I am going to try and tweak the prospecting mode so I can do a little nugget hunting this summer in eastern oregon. I know it is not as good as the mxt or the gmt for nuggets but 90% of my time is spent coin and relic hunting locally here in Christmas Valley. The dual freq works great here as we have salt and black sand. I am sure the dfx tweaked in the prospect mode will do better than my old ageing Tesoro Diablo 2 gold demon. The Tesoro has 18 year old technology, I don't think it would compete very well with todays new technology detectors.

I've had a glitch or two with my DFX and the reboot you did is the solution that is the solution. Locked up on me when was forcing the pinpointing in a high overload prone area and also once in a heavily tweaked all metal config. I wouldn't worry too much unless it happens frequently.

The DFX will, on rare occasions, lock up. Just pull the battery pack and pop it back in, usually no need to wait.

- Carl

Thank you White's Company and Service department for the great service and help I recently received .:thumbup::thumbup:

H H ,
George